EmbeddedClause

Should I retake the LSAT for Fall 2022?

I'm planning on applying for the Fall 2022 intake later this year, but with U of A's recent decision to accept applicants' highest LSAT scores, I'm debating signing up again for the LSAT Flex in June (I guess they're adding a 4th unscored section back in for August 2021, so June is the last 3-section administration).

I wrote once in Sept. 2019 and got 162, and I decided I was okay with not rewriting because it's been above U of A's average score for the last few years. Now I'm nervous it won't even be close to average with these new rules. I'm tied down to Edmonton, so I kind of have to make it here or not at all.

Still finishing up courses, but I expect my L60 GPA to stay around the same (~3.7-3.8).

Is it risky to stick with my one write?? Has anyone written both the traditional 5-section LSAT and the 3-section Flex? Did you notice a difference in your score? Am I needlessly worrying??

Thanks in advance for entertaining my anxiety, and my heart is with everyone dealing with the uncertainty of this application cycle! 

11 minutes ago, EmbeddedClause said:

I'm planning on applying for the Fall 2022 intake later this year, but with U of A's recent decision to accept applicants' highest LSAT scores, I'm debating signing up again for the LSAT Flex in June (I guess they're adding a 4th unscored section back in for August 2021, so June is the last 3-section administration).

I wrote once in Sept. 2019 and got 162, and I decided I was okay with not rewriting because it's been above U of A's average score for the last few years. Now I'm nervous it won't even be close to average with these new rules. I'm tied down to Edmonton, so I kind of have to make it here or not at all.

Still finishing up courses, but I expect my L60 GPA to stay around the same (~3.7-3.8).

Is it risky to stick with my one write?? Has anyone written both the traditional 5-section LSAT and the 3-section Flex? Did you notice a difference in your score? Am I needlessly worrying??

Thanks in advance for entertaining my anxiety, and my heart is with everyone dealing with the uncertainty of this application cycle! 

I don't think there's any harm in doing it again. I've done both versions, and my score was definitely higher with the 3-section because you're less burnt out, but I also wasn't great with LR so it helped to only have one LR section. If you have the ability to do it again, I would!

I did the 5 section + writing sample in person, it was terrible. I recommend 3 section flex. Also, just cause they are taking highest for this admission cycle, doesnt mean theyll take it for next. They can flip the switch just as easily again. Id get confirmation of them doing that for sure.

If you get 3.7, your index will be 245 with a 162 LSAT. That is VERY much in the safe range even with the new change. With 3.8 you're in the 247. I really don't see the benefit in taking another test, unless your GPA dips way lower. Good luck whatever you choose.

• Like 3

If you're anxious now, you'll be passing out around this time next year 😂

People do generally find the FLEX 'easier', but I've yet to see evidence that it translates to higher scores since the LSAT is curved at the end of the day. That being said, if U of A gives confirmation that they're taking the highest again, there's no reason not to re-take other than time & money.

3 minutes ago, dalpaengi said:

If you're anxious now, you'll be passing out around this time next year 😂

People do generally find the FLEX 'easier', but I've yet to see evidence that it translates to higher scores since the LSAT is curved at the end of the day. That being said, if U of A gives confirmation that they're taking the highest again, there's no reason not to re-take other than time & money.

I don't think the curve is really a pure curve. If it is, I find it odd how the number of people scoring 170 to 180 dramatically increased this year compared to last year. For Canadians, we are talking 90 to 130% increase in people who scored 170 to 180.

Source: https://report.lsac.org/VolumeSummary.aspx

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Especially with your GPA, its not necessary to re-write a 162 

Edited by AJD19
  • Like 1