goodvibes123

Entrance Scholarships?

Hi friends, 

I was just wondering if anyone has heard about entrance scholarships or if those emails don't go out until later! I know other universities have already sent out letters, so I was just wondering if we should be hearing back/have heard back! :) 

On 2/19/2021 at 3:59 PM, goodvibes123 said:

Hi friends, 

I was just wondering if anyone has heard about entrance scholarships or if those emails don't go out until later! I know other universities have already sent out letters, so I was just wondering if we should be hearing back/have heard back! :) 

If you have very strong academic records, the Common Law Section should offer you an entrance scholarship around this time. Otherwise, you have to fill out an online application form, and should wait for any offers until May or June. I have received a scholarship offer by mid-June last year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

If you have very strong academic records, the Common Law Section should offer you an entrance scholarship around this time. Otherwise, you have to fill out an online application form, and should wait for any offers until May or June. I have received a scholarship offer by mid-June last year.

I have a 3.98 cGPA and a 4.0 L2. I also have a 166 LSAT--so I'm hoping to hear soon! 

I have also applied on the scholarships portal! :) 

• Like 1

Some information from today's open house: 

We should be hearing back about (non-application based) entrance scholarships in April. 
Application based scholarships found through uOzone and are due May 1st. Students can begin hearing back as early as June for those! 

22 hours ago, goodvibes123 said:

We should be hearing back about (non-application based) entrance scholarships in April. 
Application based scholarships found through uOzone and are due May 1st. Students can begin hearing back as early as June for those! 

How do you apply for these scholarships. I can't seem to find any in the scholarship portal.

8 minutes ago, pshmbnz said:

How do you apply for these scholarships. I can't seem to find any in the scholarship portal.

When you go to uOzone, click on "Applications" then scroll to "Online bursaries and scholarships." Once there, create your "Student profile" and your "Notice of collection of personal profile." At the bottom there's also something that says "View and apply for more scholarships." All the scholarships for JD students will appear once you click it! 
I hope this helped! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Late to the applications game! Am I right that we are automatically considered for the internal scholarships when we apply? Like the entrance scholarship, Common Law Summer Student Fellowship Program Fund Merit Scholarship of the Common Law Section the Gowling scholarship, and the MBM scholarship, etc? I know it says on the portal but I just want to make sure I didn't miss the deadline.

Also, are all the first year awards/scholarships listed here: https://commonlaw.uottawa.ca/en/students/financial-aid-bursaries/scholarships-bursaries/first-year-students automatically considered too? It says apply in the portal but the due date was October 31st?

Edited by Application

On 3/6/2021 at 1:45 PM, goodvibes123 said:

Unrelated question for you. How did you find out about this open house? I saw nothing in my UOZone and didn't receive any emails

4 hours ago, nicoledavidson99 said:

Unrelated question for you. How did you find out about this open house? I saw nothing in my UOZone and didn't receive any emails

The open house was on March 6th and it looks like you were accepted after that. 

9 hours ago, tornyc said:

The open house was on March 6th and it looks like you were accepted after that. 

I didn't read the date of the post 🤣 thank you!

Regarding the "Admission Bursary - English JD Program," it is stated under "Application Procedure" that an application must be made through the Online Scholarships and Bursaries tool and should include the Financial Questionnaire

I am confused about this application procedure - is there an actual application form, or are any submissions required?  Or is it simply a matter of ensuring that my "Student Profile" and "Notice of Collection of Personal Information" are completed, and then I will be automatically considered for the various scholarships?  

If someone can shed light on this, I would be most appreciative!   

Also, does uOttawa award scholarships on the basis of merit, not financial need?  It seems all of the application-based scholarships listed on uoZone (which are due May 1st) are based on financial need only.

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Ottawa today asking them to fill out the financial questionnaire?