Monkassss

Please chance me! (3.86/158)

Please tell me everything will be ok :(

I saw the recent posts of the admitted thread and I'm shitting myself, they all have incredible indexes. I feel like because of my low LSAT score, I'm totally screwed, even though my index is 244.85. Anyone else in the same boat?

Not sure if I'll sleep until I get a accepted/rejected honestly...

• Like 3

I have an index of 244.375 and I still think we both have a pretty good shot. It would be an insane swing if a nearly average admit for the last three years is a rejection this year. 

• Like 1

In a very similar boat. Was feeling ok about my chances until I saw the recent acceptances and the high LSATs have also terrified me. Just keep reminding myself that it’s still relatively early in the process and this has been an insanely competitive cycle everywhere, so whatever happens, happens. 
fingers crossed for all of us!

Personally, I think 244+ index score is fine and you guys will probably get in on the next round of acceptances. As Borker said it would have to be a huuggee swing for 244+ to be a reject this year.

I agree with everyone too.

Currently the lowest index is 245.53. Compared with the past three years, the top scores are definitely higher with swings between 2.3 (compared with 2018) to 7.8 (compared with 2020). As you move down the list filtering by highest index first, the gap is narrowing to roughly 2.3 higher points for the same number of applicants (43) compared to 2018, 19, 20. Assuming this continues, the next couple of batches should get to 244 (maybe even the next one?). Hopefully that makes sense, in short I would not be worried if I had your index.

• Like 1

Thanks guy! I'm worried because the med school acceptances for ualberta have been crazy high for this year as well. They received something like 30% more applications than the previous year too, so I'm definitely hoping that trend doesn't drift towards law school admissions.

We still have a couple more waves to go so I hope we'll all get in

3 minutes ago, Monkassss said:

Thanks guy! I'm worried because the med school acceptances for ualberta have been crazy high for this year as well. They received something like 30% more applications than the previous year too, so I'm definitely hoping that trend doesn't drift towards law school admissions.

We still have a couple more waves to go so I hope we'll all get in

Oh, wow! Nationally, for law it's up 22.5% according to LSAC: https://report.lsac.org/VolumeSummary.aspx 

Not sure about schools specifically, but overall Alberta has a 21% increase in applicants.

Almost identical index - I’ve been concerned too but I think we’ll be fine everything is just delayed a bit this year and we were nearly average admit the last couple of years so I doubt we won’t get in this year. Good luck!