legallynotblondee

Need Advice: Chances (3.56, 162)

hey everyone,

in light of all the new information (or lack thereof), I have been doing a lot of thinking and would love some input. I am sitting at L2 GPA of 3.56 and a one-time LSAT of 162. Before, I was a borderline applicant. Now, I am trying to be realistic and realize my chances have gone down significantly, because my stats aren't as competitive as they may have once been.

I just need some advice: do you guys think it's realistically (I know, it's all very circumstantial and hard to predict, but just using your best guess) worth waiting for a rejection/acceptance, which may or may not come until April/May? I am kind of thinking that maybe it's better to be using this time to get back on my LSAT grind and try to get a significant score increase to apply again. I just don't want to waste valuable time that I could be spending studying if it's pretty certain I won't get in this year.

Basically, just looking for some other opinions/best guesses on what could be considered a reasonable next move for me. Thanks so much :) 

• Like 1

You got an index of 242.1, based on last years admitted thread, you would have had a good chance. Unfortunately, so far, the admitted applicants who have posted their scores are trending a few points higher than last year. 

If I were you I'd get on that grind and aim for testing before August, as the flex is going to change from 3 to 4 sections (1 experimental) in August and stay like this till 2022, June.

• Like 1

If Alberta is your only choice then yeah maybe start doing a few drills here and there.

I'd take a hard look at the next couple of waves before committing though.

• Like 1

I had the same stats as you last year and got in on the next 'wave' of acceptances after this week's. Of course with the recent change to the LSAT that could all be quite different. I would give it until the end of the month before you start studying for the LSAT again. If you don't get in this cycle, then retaking would be a good idea. Hold onto hope though! There is no rush to starting law school, you'll get in when you get in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lawgorlhopeful said:

I had the same stats as you last year and got in on the next 'wave' of acceptances after this week's. Of course with the recent change to the LSAT that could all be quite different. I would give it until the end of the month before you start studying for the LSAT again. If you don't get in this cycle, then retaking would be a good idea. Hold onto hope though! There is no rush to starting law school, you'll get in when you get in. 

thank you so much! Even though lots has changed it’s still motivating to know I would have had a shot (if I was better informed lol) :) 

I think last year you might have had a shot but this year seems very competitive. If I were you I would be practicing LSAT again. I think there is still a possibility for you this year, but I wouldn't hang my hopes on it.

Edited by Maxsteel18
  • Like 1