Sign in to follow this  
TheBanhMiBoy

Welcome Day

I was honestly pretty impressed. It was engaging (as far as virtual events go) and the profs all seemed great – especially the statutory interpretation prof

14 minutes ago, JasinNatael said:

I was honestly pretty impressed. It was engaging (as far as virtual events go) and the profs all seemed great – especially the statutory interpretation prof

Yes!! I really love the vibes everyone gave off and the supportive environment the school seems to have.

I will say, though, the information fair in the second half was a lil messy - but that's to be expected when they're trying a brand-new format of Welcome Day, I can't imagine it's easy doing it all online. I didn't hold that against them. 

Edited by navyblue11

On 2/17/2021 at 8:09 PM, JasinNatael said:

Professor Graham is a gem. I made sure to take all his classes (he teaches a lot) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I have a friend who has LSAT based scholarship at UofT. I don't know the quantity though so "incredible" might be an overstatement!
    • I brought up sociology because it’s the area of life where this tends to occur and there doesn’t seem to be an equivalent on the right in university or else I would use them as an example as well. It helps illustrate my point, which is that I wouldn’t take the chance because there is a possibility of being rejected and it would tend to be by people who use similar theories as those in sociology. It helps show that there is an air of reality to saying one shouldn’t risk it, I say this because there may be some people who completely exclude this possibility. I also think it depends on how borderline you are, for me my gpa is very high (still waiting on the LSAT) and I would be paranoid because my GPA (excluding the LSAT) would be good enough to get in so I don’t think a personal statement would get me into law school but just have the chance of eliminating me (this is assuming my LSAT will be average or better for the entering class). 
    • If this is true (something tells me you’re exaggerating), its not at all representative. I did a BA, and I’m sympathetic to the point that BAs are generally easier to get higher GPAs in (if I did an engineering degree, I’d probably fail out) - but every single one of my Sociology/Poli Sci classes throughout my degree had a class average in the low 70s or lower. Pretty sure that’s completely standard. It’s just not the case that they’re tossing out As to everyone who enrols.
    • I'm wondering why you keep bringing up sociology. Do you think its particularly relevant to law school in some way? I understand your point about people's biases, but I do not think I agree that it is very relevant to the scenario. I think law faculty are comprised of very intelligent people who are aware of their own biases and can set them aside when reviewing applicants. Anecdotally I know a decent amount of law students from across the political spectrum in many schools. Some of them are conservative in social justice-oriented schools, some are very liberal in more conservative schools. I've listened to the podcast hosted by the deans of Yale and Harvard's law schools. Both agreed that they actively try to create ideologically diverse classes to prevent lectures from being echo chambers and to promote debate. I went to an event hosted by admissions officers at my uni shortly before covid where they made similar remarks. So I understand the point you are trying to make, but I respectfully disagree.
    • In queue as of Feb 19th  cGPA (OLSAS): 3.65 L2: 3.84 (undergrad), 3.9 (masters) LSAT: 168 (Jan)