Boundless

NHLPA gig

Hi everyone - wondering if anyone has applied for/heard back from the NHLPA on their salary arbitration summer student position. Deadline was the 11th and from what i've heard, usually interviews are offered shortly thereafter. Feel free to pm if thats more your shtick. 

Thanks!

Just now, JusticeLordDenning said:

Still waiting - only got a thank you email 

Awesome, thanks. Same here!

9 minutes ago, souflee said:

Has anyone heard anything?

Nope - nothing yet. Likely wont get a PFO hahaha

1 minute ago, Boundless said:

Nope - nothing yet. Likely wont get a PFO hahaha

Have you heard of anyone getting interviews though? I personally have not. Maybe they are just really behind?

Just now, souflee said:

Have you heard of anyone getting interviews though? I personally have not. Maybe they are just really behind?

No, i have one friend who applied and they've heard nothing either. Im hoping theyre just behind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boundless said:

anyone receive word? starting to lose hope :(

Still nobody I know has heard anything, or anybody they know either. Don't worry too much, it's very possible they're still going over applications. 

1 minute ago, masterofnut said:

Still nobody I know has heard anything, or anybody they know either. Don't worry too much, it's very possible they're still going over applications. 

the PA keeps bringing me down, but you my friend, pull me right back up hahahah. Thanks!

• Like 1

FYI, last year I got an interview and they called me to set it up. Keep an eye on your phones! I missed the call and when I called back there were fewer interview times to pick from.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lewcifer said:

FYI, last year I got an interview and they called me to set it up. Keep an eye on your phones! I missed the call and when I called back there were fewer interview times to pick from.

Do you by chance remember how long after the application deadline and/or call day for the formal recruit they contacted you?

Thanks for this!

For you guys applying to the NHLPA, do you or other applicants you know of, typically have sports-related backgrounds (varsity athletes) and/or experience with sports writing / journalism / sports legal clinic, etc ? Curious as to how much sports-related experience you need to be selected.

15 minutes ago, Twopoint0 said:

For you guys applying to the NHLPA, do you or other applicants you know of, typically have sports-related backgrounds (varsity athletes) and/or experience with sports writing / journalism / sports legal clinic, etc ? Curious as to how much sports-related experience you need to be selected.

I've heard from a few former summer students that they usually hire people who range from extensive sports/hockey knowledge to very minimal sports/hockey knowledge. So I don't think a lack of sports-related experience would be fatal to your application

Edited by masterofnut
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, souflee said:

Do you by chance remember how long after the application deadline and/or call day for the formal recruit they contacted you?

Thanks for this!

I don't exactly but I believe the application was due Feb 13th and I got the call during reading week which was Feb 17th - 21st. My interview was definitely before the end of February as well, I'm pretty sure it was the 26th or 27th.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Twopoint0 said:

I don't have a sports background, I'm just a casual fan of hockey. I still got an interview, but I didn't get the job. I do think (judging from my interview) that me not having in depth hockey knowledge was a detriment in the end as there were quite a few specific hockey questions that I wasn't prepared for (it sounded like someone was supposed to have told me when I was offered the interview that they'd ask those types of questions and no one did). I'm honestly surprised that @masterofnut mentioned some people hired with very limited sports knowledge, although it's possible that last year they focused on applicants with that kind of knowledge more than in previous years, or that something else made me a less competitive candidate than the students who were ultimately hired.

Edited by lewcifer
clarity
  • Like 1

so has anyone received a call/been offered an interview yet? its getting eerily close to the end of fed...

Edited by Boundless