Haroldine136

Side Hustle Ideas

Looking for some suggestions regarding a secondary income steam/side hustle in order enhance my total income. Since the nuances of being a lawyer takes up so much time as is, ideally something weekend based or evening based would make the most sense.

If you guys have any suggestions that would be great, thanks!

You want to trade what I assume is very limited downtime to hustle for a few extra pennies? That blows my mind. 

Why not just bill more? Wouldn’t that pay more than almost any “side hustle” you could (legally) do? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is the legal market really so bad that you have to drive for Uber on the side instead of just taking on a few more files?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, QuincyWagstaff said:

You want to trade what I assume is very limited downtime to hustle for a few extra pennies? That blows my mind. 

Why not just bill more? Wouldn’t that pay more than almost any “side hustle” you could (legally) do? 

This is the new thing in the 2020s. We must wring every cent out of the day.

• Sad 1

As is the nature of this forum, everyone and their half brother wants to question and comment on the OP's motives rather than offer an answer to the explicit question asked by OP. *My own comment is Exhibit A to said tendency!*

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Day trading/investing. Start with $500 after you acquire some basic knowledge. It can get very profitable in a few months. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, QuincyWagstaff said:

1 hour ago, CleanHands said:

Is the legal market really so bad that you have to drive for Uber on the side instead of just taking on a few more files?

As if taking on a few more files means making more money. For most people it means making the firm more money - not themselves. There are plenty of folks under loads of debt and possibly in any number of situations that could make salaries tight.

2 hours ago, Haroldine136 said:

Looking for some suggestions regarding a secondary income steam/side hustle in order enhance my total income. Since the nuances of being a lawyer takes up so much time as is, ideally something weekend based or evening based would make the most sense.

If you guys have any suggestions that would be great, thanks!

• Do you have any money to invest in the thing?
  • Do you have any skills/knowledge you can monetize, aside from the obvious legal stuff? 
  • What type of law do you do? Can it be leveraged into something else?

1 hour ago, HornOkPlease said:

Day trading/investing. Start with $500 after you acquire some basic knowledge. It can get very profitable in a few months. 

So.... Stonks? 

3 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

So.... Stonks? 

Yes. TO THE MOON!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

So.... Stonks? 

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Edit: dammit beat me to it!

Edited by Mountebank
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mountebank said:

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Edit: dammit beat me to it!

🦍🦍🦍💠💠👐

• Like 1

Start an OnlyFans, though presumably if you were capable of being successful at that, you wouldn't need to be a lawyer in the first place.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Rashabon said:

Start an OnlyFans, though presumably if you were capable of being successful at that, you wouldn't need to be a lawyer in the first place.

I was going to suggest being a sugarbaby. There seem to be at least a few professional students/early in career professionals that manage to make quite a bit this way. I think average general allowance is about $3k/mo. A good looking smart person could probably command quite a bit. It also seems to be more discrete than traditional sex work since one wouldn’t have as many partners. 

45 minutes ago, almostnot said:

I was going to suggest being a sugarbaby. There seem to be at least a few professional students/early in career professionals that manage to make quite a bit this way. I think average general allowance is about $3k/mo. A good looking smart person could probably command quite a bit. It also seems to be more discrete than traditional sex work since one wouldn’t have as many partners. 

$3K per month as a sugarbaby?!! Damn where do I sign up? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreamchaser said:

$3K per month as a sugarbaby?!! Damn where do I sign up? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1