Sign in to follow this  
LSATGRIND69

Recieved Offer and Waiting for Others?

Hey, I like many of you recieved an offer today. I applied to a couple other schools in Western Canada. But have yet to hear back from them.

We only have until about mid March to accept this offer.

Just wondering if the offer can be delayed further until we hear back from the other schools?

I haven’t heard of people being able to do that. I think if it gets close and you haven’t heard from your other schools the best you can do is pay your deposit to secure your place and then turn down Manitoba later if you get another acceptance you want after that. Only thing is you won’t be able to get your deposit back 😕

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, planticus said:

I haven’t heard of people being able to do that. I think if it gets close and you haven’t heard from your other schools the best you can do is pay your deposit to secure your place and then turn down Manitoba later if you get another acceptance you want after that. Only thing is you won’t be able to get your deposit back 😕

I am (almost) positive this is correct - as long as you aren't putting down deposits on more then one university simultaneously, you should be fine (but likely out whatever the cost was for the deposit on the first university, etc).  Short of an approved deferral which is a very different situation, I don't think you can request an extension of your offer timeline.

• Thanks 1