Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LSATGRIND69

Recieved Offer and Waiting for Others?

Recommended Posts

Hey, I like many of you recieved an offer today. I applied to a couple other schools in Western Canada. But have yet to hear back from them.

We only have until about mid March to accept this offer.

Just wondering if the offer can be delayed further until we hear back from the other schools?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t heard of people being able to do that. I think if it gets close and you haven’t heard from your other schools the best you can do is pay your deposit to secure your place and then turn down Manitoba later if you get another acceptance you want after that. Only thing is you won’t be able to get your deposit back 😕

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, planticus said:

I haven’t heard of people being able to do that. I think if it gets close and you haven’t heard from your other schools the best you can do is pay your deposit to secure your place and then turn down Manitoba later if you get another acceptance you want after that. Only thing is you won’t be able to get your deposit back 😕

 

I am (almost) positive this is correct - as long as you aren't putting down deposits on more then one university simultaneously, you should be fine (but likely out whatever the cost was for the deposit on the first university, etc).  Short of an approved deferral which is a very different situation, I don't think you can request an extension of your offer timeline.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...