leannacheryl

Still Under Evaluation. Chances?

Hey guys!

I am still under evaluation in UOzone. My stats are: 

OLSAS CGPA: 3.75 

LSAT: 166 (one write - November) 

Just wondering if you guys think I have a chance? I have noticed that a lot of the recent acceptances have slightly lower stats than mine and am wondering if this is cause for concern? I am not from Ontario, and have transferred schools a couple of times, however I am in my final term of undergrad (Honours) through University of Waterloo online. I started my degree there part-time while teaching in the Thai public school system and volunteering with a religious organization as an ESL instructor. My ECs are not great outside of my cross cultural experience and religious volunteering since high school, but I did highlight my hopes of studying international law and the value of University of Ottawa in this area and got a solid letter of reference from an alumnus. I am probably freaking out for no reason, but I am nervous I messed up somewhere along the way.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leannacheryl said:

Hey guys!

Just wondering if you guys think I have a chance? I have noticed that a lot of the recent acceptances have slightly lower stats than mine and am wondering if this is cause for concern? I am not from Ontario, and have transferred schools a couple of times, however I am in my final term of undergrad (Honours) through University of Waterloo online. I started my degree there part-time while teaching in the Thai public school system and volunteering with a religious organization as an ESL instructor. My ECs are not great outside of my cross cultural experience and religious volunteering since high school, but I did highlight my hopes of studying international law and the value of University of Ottawa in this area and got a solid letter of reference from an alumnus. I am probably freaking out for no reason, but I am nervous I messed up somewhere along the way.  

You should be in. No worries!!

52 minutes ago, leannacheryl said:

Hey guys!

cGPA 3.75 per OLSAS and 166- Hard to believe you haven't get an offer yet. 

Keep in mind uOttawa gets thousands of applications each year. Just be patient and your turn will come! 

2 hours ago, leannacheryl said:

Hey guys!

I have nearly identical stats (3.79/166) and am still under evaluation - and I know a few other students who are in the same boat! It’s an awful waiting game, but I’m hopeful we’ll be hearing soon.

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing, you have much better stats then me (cgpa 3.58, L2 3.68, 162) so this makes me feel better, I am assuming they just haven't gone through all of them yet. Hang in there!!

Does anyone know how they make their way through the applications? Is it random? I know its still somewhat early but I was kind of hoping for an offer by now (cgpa 3.73, 161)

• Like 1

3.33 CGPA and 162 LSAT. I know my stats are not competitive! Still under evaluation though.

12 minutes ago, habsfan99 said:

Does anyone know how they make their way through the applications? Is it random? I know its still somewhat early but I was kind of hoping for an offer by now (cgpa 3.73, 161)

Well I'm quite sure they don't go through them based on GPA because I was accepted Feb. 10 with cGPA 3.43 (~3.6ish L2/B2) and LSAT 167 (august 2020 write), and that puts me lower than you and OP in terms of GPA.

18 hours ago, leannacheryl said:

however I am in my final term of undergrad (Honours) through University of Waterloo online

I graduated Spring 2020 from my undergrad so maybe consider if you're still finishing your degree, they're still processing Fall term marks submitted in January? I know most schools are a lot slower with administrative stuff now due to COVID. I still wonder if it helped that my entire application (i.e. LSAT score and undergrad degree) was finished by the November deadline.

I truly was not sure if I would get in (or if I did, it would be later in the cycle) due to my GPA, but hey, if I did, there is definitely hope for you guys! Best of luck and don't stress too much :) (easier said than done lol)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

Well I'm quite sure they don't go through them based on GPA because I was accepted Feb. 10 with cGPA 3.43 (~3.6ish L2/B2) and LSAT 167 (august 2020 write), and that puts me lower than you and OP in terms of GPA.

I graduated Spring 2020 from my undergrad so maybe consider if you're still finishing your degree, they're still processing Fall term marks submitted in January? I know most schools are a lot slower with administrative stuff now due to COVID. I still wonder if it helped that my entire application (i.e. LSAT score and undergrad degree) was finished by the November deadline.

I agree that they don't seem to go through them strictly based on stats. I got an offer in January with lower stats than OP. I don't think it's a Fall marks thing either, though. I'm still in undergrad and had just sent my transcripts out the day before I got admitted, so I don't think they were even processed by then.

3.73/166 and still under evaluation. Glad to hear there are people with similar stats who have not yet received offers. I am sure our time will come :)

• Like 1

3.76 and 168 and was getting really stressed that I somehow screwed up badly on my essay or something. I’m grateful that there’s others with such similar stats (funny how we’re all hovering in the same exact range haha) in the same boat

• Like 2

I wanna cry 😭. I legit have no patience left. My stats aren’t like amazing or anything (CGPA:3.79, B2/L2: 3.88) . Especially my LSAT (158) but like given my cgpa I was expecting to hear from Ottawa at least by now. 

i swear everyday is a nightmare. Every notification on my phone and I’m jumping to see if it’s an acceptance. 

someone help

On 2/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, lawtdot02 said:

Keep in mind uOttawa gets thousands of applications each year. Just be patient and your turn will come! 

But wheennnnnnnnn. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawschool2021 said:

I wanna cry 😭. I legit have no patience left. My stats aren’t like amazing or anything (CGPA:3.79, B2/L2: 3.88) . Especially my LSAT (158) but like given my cgpa I was expecting to hear from Ottawa at least by now. 

i swear everyday is a nightmare. Every notification on my phone and I’m jumping to see if it’s an acceptance. 

someone help

Shouldn't be too long.

I see all your stats and raise you 3.93 cGPA and 162 LSAT, still under evaluation 🤣🤣🤣 Probably won’t be waiting to hear back from them, though, because I want to firm accept one of the offers I do have soon. 

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by navyblue11
  • Like 1

This is such a defeating process lol I definitely thought I would have heard back from at least one Ontario school by now

On 2/18/2021 at 9:25 PM, Lawschool2021 said:

But wheennnnnnnnn. 

Now that's a question most applicants like myself have been asking after submitting our applications. I remind myself everyday that if this situation is out of my hands, then it should be out of my mind. Take time off this forum and focus your time/energy towards what makes you happy and come back after you hear from the schools. The ball is in their court now! 

• Like 1