carsonpetroz

Chances? cGPA 3.72/166

7 minutes ago, JordanPippen said:

Any positive updates from people in this thread?? 🤞🏽

6 minutes ago, hopefullawstudent99 said:

Unfortunately not from me, hopefully other people have better news

No news here either...

Nah, don't think there was a round this week (although some people have been moved in queue)? Maybe some movement next week, stay strong kids!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JordanPippen said:

Any positive updates from people in this thread?? 🤞🏽

not yet!

On 2/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, DABMAN said:

Nah, don't think there was a round this week (although some people have been moved in queue)? Maybe some movement next week, stay strong kids!

Seems like there wasn't much if any movement this week either. I guess this upcoming week hopefully? Killer wait

• Like 5

1 hour ago, blech77 said:

Seems like there wasn't much if any movement this week either. I guess this upcoming week hopefully? Killer wait

I love how we have weekly get togethers reviewing the week and trying to stay strong like a little AA meeting

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, DABMAN said:

I'm sure once U of T sends out its final round of acceptances in the next few weeks we'll hear more from Osgoode and other schools! *crosses fingers*

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JordanPippen said:

I'm sure once U of T sends out its final round of acceptances in the next few weeks we'll hear more from Osgoode and other schools! *crosses fingers*

Oh do the other schools typically kind of wait for UFT? Good to know! That’s reassuring lol

Hopefully some movement this week. Stay strong, 3.70ish/160ish squad!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, carsonpetroz said:

Oh do the other schools typically kind of wait for UFT? Good to know! That’s reassuring lol

I imagine people get acceptances there during U of T’s final round and some decide to go there instead of Osgoode, which would inevitably free up more spots at Osgoode.

Here’s hoping we hear some good news this week!! 

• Like 3

wow this thread is what i needed. As for me, I have a cGPA of 3.76 and LSAT 163. Osgoode be playin' more games with my heart than all the girls I've known 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, thehandofthelaw said:

wow this thread is what i needed. As for me, I have a cGPA of 3.76 and LSAT 163. Osgoode be playin' more games with my heart than all the girls I've known 

The fact that you haven’t gotten in yet is incredibly stupid lol. I’d email them and ask what the hell is going on. Your stats are basically at their “presumptive admit” threshold. 

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, thehandofthelaw said:

It’s getting so stressful at this point. Like I can’t sleep and eat LOL. I’m just stressing out. It’s really hard to tell what’s going to happen. I hope we all get good news soon. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HopefulLawyer97 said:

The fact that you haven’t gotten in yet is incredibly stupid lol. I’d email them and ask what the hell is going on. Your stats are basically at their “presumptive admit” threshold. 

If you don’t mind me asking-  do you know if it’s common for people with around the stats posted in this thread (1.70ish and 160s) to still be waiting for news at this stage in the process? Just asking as I have no knowledge of the procedure prior to this year. Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, carsonpetroz said:

If you don’t mind me asking-  do you know if it’s common for people with around the stats posted in this thread (1.70ish and 160s) to still be waiting for news at this stage in the process? Just asking as I have no knowledge of the procedure prior to this year. Thanks! 

It seems to be common the last couple years. I was rejected without being waitlisted last year with a 3.65/162 and I was pissed. Then I heard about a few people who were rejected/waitlisted with GPAs well into the 3.7s and low 160 LSATs and realized that it could’ve been waaay worse. Frustrating to say the least, especially when you see people getting in with 152 LSATs and 3.4 GPAs. IMO Osgoode’s “holistic” approach is pure BS, but it is what it is. I hope you all hear back soon. A lot of you on this thread have fantastic stats. Rejections started going out last year in late April and offers continue until June, so stay positive! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, carsonpetroz said:

It’s getting so stressful at this point. Like I can’t sleep and eat LOL. I’m just stressing out. It’s really hard to tell what’s going to happen. I hope we all get good news soon. 

aha yeah I get you. I check OASIS multiple times throughout the day and I don't think it's healthy anymore. I am just going to hope for the best. I know I achieved stats somewhat above their median and did my best given my circumstances, so now it's on them to meet me and all of us in the middle. We'll be fine guys! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, thehandofthelaw said:

aha yeah I get you. I check OASIS multiple times throughout the day and I don't think it's healthy anymore. I am just going to hope for the best. I know I achieved stats somewhat above their median and did my best given my circumstances, so now it's on them to meet me and all of us in the middle. We'll be fine guys! 

I’m rooting for you! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carsonpetroz said:

I’m rooting for you! 

Thank you and same here!

It may be a bit early but do you think it's fine if I send them an email about my application? I just want to know if there is something particularly weak about my file. I know @HopefulLawyer97 recommended that I do but I am coy to do so if no one else is even contemplating it 😂