Jump to content
carsonpetroz

Chances? cGPA 3.72/166

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, JordanPippen said:

Any positive updates from people in this thread?? 🤞🏽

 

6 minutes ago, hopefullawstudent99 said:

Unfortunately not from me, hopefully other people have better news

No news here either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, don't think there was a round this week (although some people have been moved in queue)? Maybe some movement next week, stay strong kids!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JordanPippen said:

Any positive updates from people in this thread?? 🤞🏽

not yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, DABMAN said:

Nah, don't think there was a round this week (although some people have been moved in queue)? Maybe some movement next week, stay strong kids!

Seems like there wasn't much if any movement this week either. I guess this upcoming week hopefully? Killer wait

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blech77 said:

Seems like there wasn't much if any movement this week either. I guess this upcoming week hopefully? Killer wait

I love how we have weekly get togethers reviewing the week and trying to stay strong like a little AA meeting

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, DABMAN said:

Nah, don't think there was a round this week (although some people have been moved in queue)? Maybe some movement next week, stay strong kids!

I'm sure once U of T sends out its final round of acceptances in the next few weeks we'll hear more from Osgoode and other schools! *crosses fingers*

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JordanPippen said:

I'm sure once U of T sends out its final round of acceptances in the next few weeks we'll hear more from Osgoode and other schools! *crosses fingers*

Oh do the other schools typically kind of wait for UFT? Good to know! That’s reassuring lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully some movement this week. Stay strong, 3.70ish/160ish squad!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, carsonpetroz said:

Oh do the other schools typically kind of wait for UFT? Good to know! That’s reassuring lol

I imagine people get acceptances there during U of T’s final round and some decide to go there instead of Osgoode, which would inevitably free up more spots at Osgoode.

Here’s hoping we hear some good news this week!! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow this thread is what i needed. As for me, I have a cGPA of 3.76 and LSAT 163. Osgoode be playin' more games with my heart than all the girls I've known 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thehandofthelaw said:

wow this thread is what i needed. As for me, I have a cGPA of 3.76 and LSAT 163. Osgoode be playin' more games with my heart than all the girls I've known 

The fact that you haven’t gotten in yet is incredibly stupid lol. I’d email them and ask what the hell is going on. Your stats are basically at their “presumptive admit” threshold. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, thehandofthelaw said:

wow this thread is what i needed. As for me, I have a cGPA of 3.76 and LSAT 163. Osgoode be playin' more games with my heart than all the girls I've known 

It’s getting so stressful at this point. Like I can’t sleep and eat LOL. I’m just stressing out. It’s really hard to tell what’s going to happen. I hope we all get good news soon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, HopefulLawyer97 said:

The fact that you haven’t gotten in yet is incredibly stupid lol. I’d email them and ask what the hell is going on. Your stats are basically at their “presumptive admit” threshold. 

If you don’t mind me asking-  do you know if it’s common for people with around the stats posted in this thread (1.70ish and 160s) to still be waiting for news at this stage in the process? Just asking as I have no knowledge of the procedure prior to this year. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, carsonpetroz said:

If you don’t mind me asking-  do you know if it’s common for people with around the stats posted in this thread (1.70ish and 160s) to still be waiting for news at this stage in the process? Just asking as I have no knowledge of the procedure prior to this year. Thanks! 

It seems to be common the last couple years. I was rejected without being waitlisted last year with a 3.65/162 and I was pissed. Then I heard about a few people who were rejected/waitlisted with GPAs well into the 3.7s and low 160 LSATs and realized that it could’ve been waaay worse. Frustrating to say the least, especially when you see people getting in with 152 LSATs and 3.4 GPAs. IMO Osgoode’s “holistic” approach is pure BS, but it is what it is. I hope you all hear back soon. A lot of you on this thread have fantastic stats. Rejections started going out last year in late April and offers continue until June, so stay positive! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, carsonpetroz said:

It’s getting so stressful at this point. Like I can’t sleep and eat LOL. I’m just stressing out. It’s really hard to tell what’s going to happen. I hope we all get good news soon. 

aha yeah I get you. I check OASIS multiple times throughout the day and I don't think it's healthy anymore. I am just going to hope for the best. I know I achieved stats somewhat above their median and did my best given my circumstances, so now it's on them to meet me and all of us in the middle. We'll be fine guys! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thehandofthelaw said:

aha yeah I get you. I check OASIS multiple times throughout the day and I don't think it's healthy anymore. I am just going to hope for the best. I know I achieved stats somewhat above their median and did my best given my circumstances, so now it's on them to meet me and all of us in the middle. We'll be fine guys! 

I’m rooting for you! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, carsonpetroz said:

I’m rooting for you! 

Thank you and same here!

It may be a bit early but do you think it's fine if I send them an email about my application? I just want to know if there is something particularly weak about my file. I know @HopefulLawyer97 recommended that I do but I am coy to do so if no one else is even contemplating it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Your grades are quite good so I would apply broadly and cross my fingers. The only Canadian law school I've seen that accepts a lot of US transfers from bottom tier schools is U of T. But your grades have to be really good. I'm not sure how they will view your B's. Good luck. 
    • yeah it was a mistake. I posted this in law students when I meant to post in articling students and lawyers and I couldn't delete it after it had been posted. I think I mentioned it in this thread or the one that you linked. 
    • There's been a lot of focus here on IQ but one of the things that makes a good lawyer is a heavy measure of EQ and our friend here McGillicutty has demonstrated why many of my former STEM colleagues lack even a smidgen of EQ.
    • The only thing that matters is that you can get funding at a good interest rate. Scotia has the best offerings, but that doesn't mean that you're out of options if they decline you. In my experience, the bank that you have the longest history with is the one that usually helps you out in situations where your credit isn't up to snuff. 
    • I think you are slightly confused maybemaybe, so I can clear this up for you:  2 year applicants are those that are in their second year of their undergrad degree (will have 60-89 completed credits) by the time they enter law school and they are the ones who require exceptional stats (3.7 and 90th percentile); see excerpt from https://apps.admissions.ualberta.ca/programs/la/la020 ("There is no direct entry from high school into the Juris Doctor program (JD). Exceptional students may be admitted to the program after completing two years of university study with a minimum GPA of 3.7 and 90th percentile Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score. All other students must have completed at least the first three years of a degree before being admitted to the JD."). This applies when you apply in your second year of undergrad.  3rd year applicants are those that are in their 3rd year of university and who will have 90 or more credits by the time they enter law school and they are treated the same as those with degrees. Excerpt from same website " All other students must have completed at least the first three years of a degree before being admitted to the JD." This applies when you apply in your third year of undergrad.  Hope this clears everything up! 

×
×
  • Create New...