doyle97

1L Winter (2021) Toronto Recruit PFOs/ITCs

Sorry if this is not the proper thread to comment on, but does anyone know if there is a thread about prepping for 1L recruit interviews / logistics for Call Day? 

PFO from Blakes - Lakehead

I have a question re grades, I only have two on my transcript for first semester for half year courses. I'm a little confused cause some have been mentioning midterm grades but how would you send those if they are unofficial?

1 hour ago, Waqil said:

PFO from Blakes - Lakehead

I have a question re grades, I only have two on my transcript for first semester for half year courses. I'm a little confused cause some have been mentioning midterm grades but how would you send those if they are unofficial?

I believe you were supposed to send an addendum with your unofficial midterm grades and other assessments

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sparklingice88 said:

Anyone heard back from Dentons? 

I don't think Dentons does PFO/ITCs but I could be mistaken

Just now, ninaaxuk said:

I don't think Dentons does PFO/ITCs but I could be mistaken

Does anyone know this for sure? Also has anyone heard from Aird & Berlis?

Just now, souflee said:

On the first page someone claimed an A & B ITC

I received an ITC email from Dentons in the 2018 cycle. Dunno if their policy has changed on that or not though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Astro said:

Has anyone else heard back from A&B? 

One person on the first page - UOttawa i believe 

30 minutes ago, souflee said:

1. There shall be no recruitment activities for first year students between 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 5, 2021, and 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 2, 2021, except for the scheduling of interviews and any other recruitment activities to be conducted during the March 2 Interview Week. 
  2. The time and date of interviews and other recruitment activities to be scheduled for the March 2 Interview Week shall not be communicated in any way until 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 22, 2021.

Commentary: A firm may communicate, at any time after Friday, February 5, 2021, (a) that it will or will not be interviewing a student during the March 2 Interview Week, (b) that the interviewing will be conducted in accordance with these Procedures, and (c) that it will or will not be inviting that student to a meal, reception or similar event during the March 2 Interview Week. Firms may advise students in advance of dates and times of events to which all interviewees will be invited. However, firms shall not suggest the specific date or time of an expected interview prior to 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 22, 2021, nor may students participate in the making of such appointments before that time. 
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, sparklingice88 said:
  1. There shall be no recruitment activities for first year students between 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 5, 2021, and 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 2, 2021, except for the scheduling of interviews and any other recruitment activities to be conducted during the March 2 Interview Week. 
  2. The time and date of interviews and other recruitment activities to be scheduled for the March 2 Interview Week shall not be communicated in any way until 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 22, 2021.

Commentary: A firm may communicate, at any time after Friday, February 5, 2021, (a) that it will or will not be interviewing a student during the March 2 Interview Week, (b) that the interviewing will be conducted in accordance with these Procedures, and (c) that it will or will not be inviting that student to a meal, reception or similar event during the March 2 Interview Week. Firms may advise students in advance of dates and times of events to which all interviewees will be invited. However, firms shall not suggest the specific date or time of an expected interview prior to 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 22, 2021, nor may students participate in the making of such appointments before that time. 

and why are you telling us this?

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Astro said:

Has anyone else heard back from A&B? 

Also - this is from the A&B website (apologies if everyone has already seen it): 

In the first year summer student recruitment process, if you are granted an in-firm interview with Aird & Berlis, we will advise you via email that we will be calling you on “call day” to schedule an interview during interview week. 

So ITC should be coming...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boundless said:

Also - this is from the A&B website (apologies if everyone has already seen it): 

In the first year summer student recruitment process, if you are granted an in-firm interview with Aird & Berlis, we will advise you via email that we will be calling you on “call day” to schedule an interview during interview week. 

So ITC should be coming...

I think it's already out, since I got a ITC email a couple days ago.

8 minutes ago, hopefullawstudent202 said:

I think it's already out, since I got a ITC email a couple days ago.

you seem to be the only one on this forum who received one (unless people on here did not apply there) and there have been no reports of PFOs. I more so meant, more ITCs should be coming.

has anyone heard from Bereskin & Parr and Smart & Biggar? Dont really know if they send out ITC/PFOs

Edited by hellolaw23

6 hours ago, jventi said:

I believe you were supposed to send an addendum with your unofficial midterm grades and other assessments

Thank you!

I assume firms won't be sending emails on the weekend right? So the last day to receive ITCs/PFOs would be tomorrow?

6 minutes ago, pizza said:

I assume firms won't be sending emails on the weekend right? So the last day to receive ITCs/PFOs would be tomorrow?

Perhaps, but I wouldn't lose faith. It seems like A&B and Dentons at least haven't sent out all ITCs/PFOs yet