doyle97

1L Winter (2021) Toronto Recruit PFOs/ITCs

1 minute ago, HappyJDStudent said:

Davies PFO at UofT. A bit surprised tbh, but oh well! Still got a few to go. My grades were HH, HH, HH, HH

That’s insane. HH is the highest grade at UofT right ? 

Just now, Queensugrad2019 said:

That’s insane. HH is the highest grade at UofT right ? 

yes, hence my surprise at getting PFOed haha. But oh well, it's competitive, and Im not JD/MBA

3 minutes ago, HappyJDStudent said:

Davies PFO at UofT. A bit surprised tbh, but oh well! Still got a few to go. My grades were HH, HH, HH, HH

jesus lawd

• Haha 1

a nice PFO from Davies (Windsor) but expected 

Edited by Boundless

7 minutes ago, HappyJDStudent said:

Did you send the wrong cover letter?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, OnlyResident said:

Did you send the wrong cover letter?!?!

unfortuantely, no. I would love for that to be my excuse. It just goes to show how much of a crapshoot this is, I guess

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Queensugrad2019 said:

PFO from Davies (Queen’s). Sad but expected :(. FYI my grades (all midterms aside from one, and including legal writing class which is research/writing based) were B, A, A-, A-, A-, B+. Didn’t put a whole lot of effort into applications for this summer since school is busy and I’m not totally decided in terms of work this summer (have op to work at a small firm part time and thinking that + travel might be something I appreciate more in the future, compared to a 1L big law job). 

Similar grade profile. Also just got PFO from Davies (Queens)

1 hour ago, HappyJDStudent said:

Similar grades, UofT JD/MBA, Davies PFO.

If I remember correctly, you're doing the JD/PhD program. After talking to several upper-years, it seems that our rejection is almost entirely because most big firms don't like to hire first-year students in four year long programs. Understandable, but pretty annoying.

1 minute ago, lolnope said:

Similar grades, UofT JD/MBA, Davies PFO.

If I remember correctly, you're doing the JD/PhD program. After talking to several upper-years, it seems that our rejection is almost entirely because most big firms don't like to hire first-year students in four year long programs. Understandable, but pretty annoying.

The thing is, there's no way that they can see that I'm doing a JD/PhD. It's not even on my transcript. Nor is it on the internet (bc the PhD portion hasn't begun yet)

Edited by HappyJDStudent

2 minutes ago, HappyJDStudent said:

The thing is, there's no way that they can see that I'm doing a JD/PhD.

Goddamn, that's wild. Well, you're a shoe-in for 2L, so just gotta wait ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1