Toby1994

What has your experience been like at Windsor Law?

Got accepted to the single JD a few days ago and am really excited about the possibility of attending Windsor Law. To folks who have gone there, or are currently attending, what has your experience been? Have you enjoyed it? I’ve heard not so great things about the city, but having visited there once myself I didn’t find it to be off-putting. How’s the cost of living compared to Toronto? Are you happy with your decision to go to Windsor? Pros and cons? Any insights are appreciated. I know that there have been posts like this in the past, but hoping for a more current take on the school. Thanks in advance! 

• Like 2

I have lived in Windsor my entire life and attended UWindsor for my undergrad so I hope this can give you some perspective. The city truly isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, it's especially great in non COVID times because you're a short car ride away from Detroit and all the amazing concerts, sporting events, restaurants etc. that are in Detroit. I can speak to this in my undergrad but since it's a smaller school you're able to access a lot more opportunities and make more connections. Cost of living has recently spiked, rent is a lot more expensive than it's ever been but still much cheaper than Toronto. 

That being said I have applied to law schools outside of Windsor and am hoping to move next year but would still be more than happy to attend UWindsor Law

• Thanks 1

I'm from the GTA and went to Western for undergrad and then came to Windsor for single jd. Out of the 3 locations, my pick would be London considering the city amenities and cost of living- however, Windsor is not bad at all and I'm happy with my decision. As peanutbutter mentioned, being next to the border provides fun opportunities. Also, most people live fairly close to the school so it's easy to meet up and study, or hang out. All of this of course pre-covid. I do think having a car makes things easier, but is not necessary. Apart from a car, cost of living is significantly lower than Toronto, but rent prices are surprisingly high for Windsor because it is a rental market (lots of the population is on welfare/odsp). I can try to answer any more questions you have!

• Like 1