Sign in to follow this  
maranta

How screwed am I?

Does anyone have any insight into how badly my chances will be impacted by an application that is completed at the last minute? I applied at the beginning of January and my transcripts were added shortly after, but my LORs are just being sent in today... They're both academic LORs (one will likely be very strong and the other will be good), and I requested them far ahead of time, but apparently both of my referees have a tendency to procrastinate. In addition to this, I'm waiting for TRU to request my January LSAT score, which I've heard won't happen until my LORs are accepted. 

Will this delay hurt my chances? For reference, my LSAT score is average for what I've seen in previous acceptances, but my L2 GPA is a 4.0. 

6 minutes ago, maranta said:

Does anyone have any insight into how badly my chances will be impacted by an application that is completed at the last minute? I applied at the beginning of January and my transcripts were added shortly after, but my LORs are just being sent in today... They're both academic LORs (one will likely be very strong and the other will be good), and I requested them far ahead of time, but apparently both of my referees have a tendency to procrastinate. In addition to this, I'm waiting for TRU to request my January LSAT score, which I've heard won't happen until my LORs are accepted. 

Will this delay hurt my chances? For reference, my LSAT score is average for what I've seen in previous acceptances, but my L2 GPA is a 4.0. 

I mean it is hard to say as applying earlier does have some advantages but your GPA is good and as long as your LORs are decent I would say you have good chances as long as everything is in prior to deadlines. Still lots of time for getting accepted so I wouldn't worry too much. And I am sure you are not the only one getting things in last minute. 

1 hour ago, pmtfuturelawyer said:

I mean it is hard to say as applying earlier does have some advantages but your GPA is good and as long as your LORs are decent I would say you have good chances as long as everything is in prior to deadlines. Still lots of time for getting accepted so I wouldn't worry too much. And I am sure you are not the only one getting things in last minute. 

Thanks for the response! That does make me feel a bit better - seeing that lots of people have already been getting accepted while I'm still waiting on LORs has been kind of nerve-racking.