Jump to content
HS18

Chances? 165 LSAT, cGPA: 2.97 B20: 3.61

Recommended Posts

As you all can probably relate, I'm getting quite antsy waiting to hear back. This is my third time applying to law school and I am really hoping it's the charm. 

I've written the LSAT multiple times and my best and most recent score is a 165. 

My cGPA is 2.97 with an upward trend second year onwards and the dip has been explained in my application with medical documentation. 

My B20 is 3.61. 

As for my personal statement, ECs and LORs, I would say they're quite strong. Multiple co-op roles and work experience, lots of volunteer experience as well. My personal statement was social justice focused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Hard to predict Ryerson.

Did you apply to any other schools?

Yes, I also applied to Windsor, Western, Ottawa, Queen’s, UofT and Osgoode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HS18 said:

Yes, I also applied to Windsor, Western, Ottawa, Queen’s, UofT and Osgoode. 

None of them are certain with your stats in general category.

You have a L2: 3.34 B2: 3.56 so I suggest you apply to UNB, TRU and USask ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

None of them are certain with your stats in general category.

You have a L2: 3.34 B2: 3.56 so I suggest you apply to UNB, TRU and USask ASAP.

how'd you calculate those numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lawstudentthree said:

how'd you calculate those numbers?

Those are from the OP's post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

None of them are certain with your stats in general category.

You have a L2: 3.34 B2: 3.56 so I suggest you apply to UNB, TRU and USask ASAP.

I applied access wherever I could. I don’t intend on applying out of province as I ultimately want to practice in Ontario. To give an idea of previous rounds, I had a 159 last year as my highest score, with a cGPA of 2.9 and I was waitlisted at western and Windsor. I’m hoping the higher LSAT score as well as higher cGPA and additional grades from this year make the difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HS18 said:

I applied access wherever I could. I don’t intend on applying out of province as I ultimately want to practice in Ontario. To give an idea of previous rounds, I had a 159 last year as my highest score, with a cGPA of 2.9 and I was waitlisted at western and Windsor. I’m hoping the higher LSAT score as well as higher cGPA and additional grades from this year make the difference. 

Looks like you have a good chance.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Looks like you have a good chance.

Good luck!

Thank you, I hope so. Good luck to you as we’ll. Becoming a lawyer has been my dream since I was a kid and I really want to get started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One person has already gotten in with a 2.91 / 166 and another with a 2.95 / 165, so I'd say you have a good shot at Ryerson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...