Sign in to follow this  
doyle97

1L Recruit Question

Hi all. I applied to the 1L recruit and I have a question about the process. I know call day is Feb 22. But do firms contact you before that with ITC or is the first time they contact you on Feb 22?

Thank you!

I applied as well. I believe we are going to get ITCs and/or PFOs but I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, souflee said:

I applied as well. I believe we are going to get ITCs and/or PFOs but I could be wrong.

this week? or after feb 22?

3 minutes ago, law552 said:

this week? or after feb 22?

Not sure if it will be this week but I believe most firms will send out something prior to the 22. Hopefully someone who is more experienced with the recruiting process on this forum will be able to provide a concrete answer.

Edited by souflee
grammar

Most firms will send ITCs before call day (anytime between now and the day before call day). There might be a few that don’t but the vast majority do. 

Edited by andi28
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, andi28 said:

Most firms will send ITCs before call day (anytime between now and the day before call day). There might be a few that don’t but the vast majority do. 

I knew they did this for the 2L recruit, I just wasn't sure if they also did for the 1L

Here is the topic from last year, to give some sense of which firms reach out when.

For timing comparison, applications were due January 22 last year.

Edited by barnacledhermit

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are ITCs sent via email? Are we expected to reply to ITCs?

How does call day work? Is the purpose of call day to schedule interviews?

3 minutes ago, dbswl said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are ITCs sent via email? Are we expected to reply to ITCs?

I can only speculate but i do believe ITCs will come via e-mail.

According to LSO site on first year positions - feb 22 call day is to schedule an interview. 

1 hour ago, dbswl said:

Not a stupid question! This is weird process! Boundless is correct. ITCs are sent via email and I don’t think you’re expected to reply to ITCs (I didn’t reply to any of mine). 

On call day, firms will call you at 8:00 am to schedule your interview. The entire process should be over by 8:15 am.

2 hours ago, dbswl said:

ITCs will always be sent by email since the firms aren't actually allowed to call you until 8am on call day. I think it's not a bad idea to respond with something simple along the lines of "thanks very much! I'm looking forward to it". That won't hurt, but I doubt it's make or break. If you do send a response, I wouldn't expect them to reply back to you. If I recall, I did respond to ITCs when I went through it.