Legolas

Screwing up a Crown Attorney OCI interview... and applying again next year?

I have a deep-cut question for government employers and Crown Attorney offices. 

I have too many OCIs... well too many for me. I suck at interviews and did not prepare enough for the Crown Attorney OCIs. I had no idea the questions would be this tough and I did not do well (failed on many questions and confessed to not knowing some of the Charter application stuff). 

If I wanted to apply for a Crown Attorney articling position next summer, would they have my name in a system with a crappy score? Does a trash interview impact you later on in some kind of filing system? Does this failure mean every Crown Attorney office will know who I am if I ever get another chance at a different city? 

Dude, relax. There is no database to preserve your failures for posterity. You simply got experience with this kind of interview and know what to expect next time so you can do better.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, LegallyyBlondee said:

What did they ask? Like I am hoping to interview for them in the future.. so like what did they ask?!?!

its all substative law and criminal procedure, basically an oral exam in criminal law tbh (i've done 3 of them) 

On 2/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, LegallyyBlondee said:

What did they ask? Like I am hoping to interview for them in the future.. so like what did they ask?!?!

Hey man, sorry for the late response. I actually ended up getting offered the position hahah. 

Feel free to dm me and I can go through the questions they asked me. I interviewed at a few different Crown offices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legolas said:

Hey man, sorry for the late response. I actually ended up getting offered the position hahah. 

Feel free to dm me and I can go through the questions they asked me. I interviewed at a few different Crown offices.

I'd really get you to think if those interviews were marked as confidential and if you'd be breaching any rules by sharing their contents.

• Like 2

I really, really misread this topic title at first. I just wanted to say that. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Hegdis said:

I really, really misread this topic title at first. I just wanted to say that. 

Now now.

21 hours ago, Legolas said:

Haha this is very cute. Congrats! 

22 hours ago, Legolas said:

Pretty sure that's an ethical violation.