brianne2255

How do schools receive your January LSAT score?

I wrote the LSAT in August 2020 and got a 151 and I applied through OLSAS in October 2020. I indicated in my application that I would be taking the January 2021 test. I ended up with a 169 in the January test but my OLSAS only shows the August score. Am I supposed to wait for it to update on its own? How long does this take? Is this something you should be contacting schools about to ensure they see you as a competitive applicant due to the new score? Or do they just receive it automatically?

Any advice welcome!

Hi! I actually contacted OLSAS and they said it would take between 1-2 weeks for the scores to be updated on the site. If you indicated that you will rewrite when you applied, everything's good to go. If you didn't indicate, you can still make that edit under the LSAT section of your OLSAS application. Sick score increase! Good luck :)

1 minute ago, deliciouskiwi said:

Hi! I actually contacted OLSAS and they said it would take between 1-2 weeks for the scores to be updated on the site. If you indicated that you will rewrite when you applied, everything's good to go. If you didn't indicate, you can still make that edit under the LSAT section of your OLSAS application. Sick score increase! Good luck :)

That is super helpful! Thanks so much

Hey @brianne2255! Congratulations on your achievement! You must be extremely happy. Any advice on how you increased your score so significantly in such little time? Do you have any study tips or resource recommendations? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, lucadam said:

Hey @brianne2255! Congratulations on your achievement! You must be extremely happy. Any advice on how you increased your score so significantly in such little time? Do you have any study tips or resource recommendations? Thanks!

@lucadamThank you! I definitely studied for my first test all wrong - I did zero practice tests and used things like Khan Academy, I would just do random questions untimed and review. The second time around I took the Oxford 48 hour class - it was quite helpful especially the material that they will provide you. I did practice tests - a minimum of 8 practice tests and I was very strict with timing myself. I would study two days on and one day off, so I wrote practice tests for two days and then gave myself a break, right up until test day. I also did a couple private tutoring sessions to work on my weak sections/ questions types only. Same thing with review - I reviewed the question types I frequently got wrong instead of focusing on everything. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

Great! Thank you so much! This does help. Best of luck with admissions!

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, brianne2255 said:

I wrote the LSAT in August 2020 and got a 151 and I applied through OLSAS in October 2020. I indicated in my application that I would be taking the January 2021 test. I ended up with a 169 in the January test but my OLSAS only shows the August score. Am I supposed to wait for it to update on its own? How long does this take? Is this something you should be contacting schools about to ensure they see you as a competitive applicant due to the new score? Or do they just receive it automatically?

Any advice welcome!

Hey I was actually wondering the same thing, I am in a very similar situation. I actually messaged OLSAS on the SAM tracker and within 20 mins they updated my score. You could give that a try.

22 minutes ago, ONTLawstudenthopeful said:

Hey I was actually wondering the same thing, I am in a very similar situation. I actually messaged OLSAS on the SAM tracker and within 20 mins they updated my score. You could give that a try.

@ONTLawstudenthopefulI actually just checked OLSAS and it has updated! Now I gotta worry about whether that will catch the attention of law schools or not

1 minute ago, brianne2255 said:

@ONTLawstudenthopefulI actually just checked OLSAS and it has updated! Now I gotta worry about whether that will catch the attention of law schools or not

Yeah thats what I am wondering also, but I have to assume they will see it, most schools say they accept Jan LSATs, just may have to wait a bit later than others, thats just my guess. 

Edited by ONTLawstudenthopeful

1 minute ago, ONTLawstudenthopeful said:

Yeah thats what I am wondering also, but I have to assume they will see it, most schools say they accept Jan LSATs, just may have to wait a bit later than others, thats just my guess. 

@ONTLawstudenthopeful Yeah you are right, I am sure they will accept it but for whatever reason I feel the need to bring it to their attention somehow. I don't know, I think I am just being paranoid. I had others suggest that I write emails to the admissions depts to let them know about my score and reiterate my interest in their school, but I am not sure if this is necessary/ useful.