I got ahold of the admissions office the other day and they didn't tell me my GPA calculation over the phone. Are they not giving them out right now because there are too many requests or do you think they just haven't assessed my file yet?

They do give them outright but they haven't finished calculating them. I got through to them over the phone this week as well. They haven't calculated my GPA either (applied late Nov).

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, elcs said:

They do give them outright but they haven't finished calculating them. I got through to them over the phone this week as well. They haven't calculated my GPA either (applied late Nov).

So I guess it's safe to assume an offer isn't coming this week? 😕

When I reached out to them like 2 weeks ago to ask for my GPA, they told me to contact them in 3-4 weeks. I applied mid November and I'm literally a UBC student 😅. So it would seem they are quite behind. I also low key speculate that they're telling us to contact them later so that we leave them alone LOL. Cause the same day they told us to expect offers in late Feb/March cause they're swamped, they literally sent out offers.

• Like 2

I called in this week for my GPA as well and was told to check back in 2-3 weeks for it.

11 minutes ago, mmich said:

When I reached out to them like 2 weeks ago to ask for my GPA, they told me to contact them in 3-4 weeks. I applied mid November and I'm literally a UBC student 😅. So it would seem they are quite behind. I also low key speculate that they're telling us to contact them later so that we leave them alone LOL. Cause the same day they told us to expect offers in late Feb/March cause they're swamped, they literally sent out offers.

I totally agree... That's why I made this thread because I feel like they don't want a bunch of people asking for their GPAs and annoying them (like me LOL). The optimistic side of me thinks that they are sending us an offer before the end of the month so there's no point finding our GPA and telling us it 😜 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmich said:

thats so strange - i called them like right after winter break (current UBC student) and they were able to access right away 

• Sad 1

Just now, legalleopard said:

thats so strange - i called them like right after winter break (current UBC student) and they were able to access right away 

That's why I speculate that they have all this information, but they just want us to leave them alone LOL 😅 They did take a long time to upload my transcript though, it wasn't up on the portal until late December.

• Sad 1

i'm literally so scared to contact them to ask because i'm worried they'll be annoyed by the question lol 

I know some people have emailed them to ask... do you think this would get better results or is it better to call (in a few weeks so as to not annoy them) and get it that way 

14 minutes ago, swizzlem12 said:

i'm literally so scared to contact them to ask because i'm worried they'll be annoyed by the question lol 

I know some people have emailed them to ask... do you think this would get better results or is it better to call (in a few weeks so as to not annoy them) and get it that way 

When did you apply? I wouldn't feel nervous about contacting them, just be respectful of course. If they haven't been able to calculate your results yet they'll let you know when to check back. Make sure to calculate your GPA yourself beforehand so you know if their calculations are correct or not. 

For reference I applied in early November. Emailed to check about a month later and they said to check back in mid-January. Called in mid-Jan and they had calculated it for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Byzantine said:

When did you apply? I wouldn't feel nervous about contacting them, just be respectful of course. If they haven't been able to calculate your results yet they'll let you know when to check back. Make sure to calculate your GPA yourself beforehand so you know if their calculations are correct or not. 

For reference I applied in early November. Emailed to check about a month later and they said to check back in mid-January. Called in mid-Jan and they had calculated it for me. 

I applied right on the deadline lol, December 1st

I do have it self calculated but i went on exchange 3rd year and idk how that factors in to their calculation... for example OLSAS didn't even factor in my exchange marks so maybe I should have a second calculation in case Allard policy is similar, unless anyone knows this answer

Thanks for your comment!

2 minutes ago, swizzlem12 said:

I do have it self calculated but i went on exchange 3rd year and idk how that factors in to their calculation... for example OLSAS didn't even factor in my exchange marks so maybe I should have a second calculation in case Allard policy is similar, unless anyone knows this answer

Thanks for your comment!

Ya probably right to call in a couple weeks to check then as seems like a bunch of people who applied in Nov are still waiting too. Sorry don't have any clue about exchange marks 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Byzantine said:

Make sure to calculate your GPA yourself beforehand so you know if their calculations are correct or not

This is maybe a stupid question, but does anyone know how to convert marks from a 4.0 scale to their percentages? I see the percentages --> 4.3 scale conversion chart on their website, but nothing about 4.0 scales.

13 minutes ago, beccaberlin said:

This is maybe a stupid question, but does anyone know how to convert marks from a 4.0 scale to their percentages? I see the percentages --> 4.3 scale conversion chart on their website, but nothing about 4.0 scales.

Everything is the same, you just convert your A+s to a 4.33!

2 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

Everything is the same, you just convert your A+s to a 4.33!

I go to McGill and they don't do A+s, only As, so I'm not really sure what to do in my case.

49 minutes ago, beccaberlin said:

I go to McGill and they don't do A+s, only As, so I'm not really sure what to do in my case.

It might be the case that your GPA is capped at 4.0 then, which would be unfortunate/unfair. 

4 hours ago, swizzlem12 said:

Thanks for your comment!

I also went on exchange in my 3rd year and they asked me if the credits were transferred, I told them yes and they said they would count the grades from exchange as well. Even though my exchange grades didn’t show up on my undergrad transcript, I submitted my exchange transcript as well.

Just now, elcs said:

I also went on exchange in my 3rd year and they asked me if the credits were transferred, I told them yes and they said they would count the grades from exchange as well. Even though my exchange grades didn’t show up on my undergrad transcript, I submitted my exchange transcript as well.

yeah same, on my home transcript it just said i took x number of courses and passed them all but i had to submit a second transcript

so they are calculated into their gpa then just to be clear?

5 hours ago, swizzlem12 said:

don't be nervous. You paid ~90 dollars to have a group of people decide your potential career trajectory. I feel like it's fair to ask about your stats. 

• Like 2