FirstGear

Just got back LSAT; Apply to More Schools? (3.3, 3.8, 155)

GPA:

• L2: 3.3
  • B2: 3.8
  • B3: 3.55
  • cGPA: 3.2 - 3.4, depending on whether summer courses counted/not.

My first degree was in Math and Economics, where my GPA was much lower. Since then, I've applied half of that to an Accounting degree, where my GPA has been 3.8.

LSAT: 155. Just got this back this morning.

Schools applied to: U of Alberta, U of Calgary, U of Sask.

Studies remaining: 1 last semester (Feb. - May 2021), where I anticipate a 4.0 GPA.

I'm 27 years old and have been in the workforce, and ran a business, for 7 years.

I'm located in in Edmonton, Alberta and have a spouse, and own property here. Because of this, I've been geographically limited to Alberta, hence my school selection. However, it seems unlikely I will be admitted to a school in Alberta given my L2 GPA; the average GPA for admission for previous years has been 3.8; LSAT score 160. Thus I may be forced to relocate.

What other schools should I be looking at, that are still accepting applications for September 2021 admission? Alternatively, what other options do I have?

Edited by FirstGear

I’m not trying to be rude here but are there still schools accepting applications? 

I think TRU would have been a good option but I truly don’t know which are still open as I thought most of them closed for applications in like December!

• Like 1

Off the top of my head, TRU is still accepting applications til 10 Feb, along with UNB til 1 Mar.  I think Dalhousie might also be open til the end of the month.

Having lived in Kamloops and made regular trips back to Edmonton, 8 hours away isn't quite as bad as it seems except during the winter due to road closures. TRU, as far as I can tell, tends to be a bit more holistic in its evaluation of candidates, which may also play in your favour due to significant work experience.

• Like 1