thename

Calgary 1L Recruit Responses?

I have received none, most likely because I don't have competitive grades - for reference to others who may visit the forum A+, B+,C+

I know someone who received 5 and someone who received 6. No word on rejections. 

Edited by albertabean
Anonymity

I have heard that most have received theirs. Yet, I haven't received anything. Anyone know if it is just today and then that is it? Or do they send invites throughout the week? 

I've got a couple. Do we know if they were all sent out today or they are on a rolling basis throughout the week?

Many, maybe most, were sent out today but some firms may still send out some more throughout the week.

The very, very large majority of calgary offers went out. I received interviews or rejections from pretty well everywhere in yyc that I applied now. And I applied everywhere.. Good luck guys! Fingers crossed you get a few more!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Name1L said:

How many rejections did you receive?

Im also curious about this. I applied to every firm on the portal, and have received no interview offers but only two rejections so far. Curious if most will just not notify me at all. 

2 hours ago, LegalGal said:

The very, very large majority of calgary offers went out. I received interviews or rejections from pretty well everywhere in yyc that I applied now. And I applied everywhere.. Good luck guys! Fingers crossed you get a few more!

Interesting, I haven't gotten a rejection from three firms. I got an offer about an hour ago from one firm even though I got most offers in the morning. Not sure if I was on a waitlist or something for the last one. 

26 minutes ago, Name1L said:

How many rejections did you receive?

3 of them already.. 😕

Probably the firm I wanted most rejected me too! Must not have done well when I had a "virtual coffee" with an associate. 

1 hour ago, LegalGal said:

3 of them already.. 😕

Probably the firm I wanted most rejected me too! Must not have done well when I had a "virtual coffee" with an associate. 

I wouldn't assume this. While some firms may seek feedback from people you did meetings with before recruitment, unless you were completely unhireable (e.g. used a racial slur) it is unlikely that this was the difference-maker. For many firms, meetings before the application deadline are mostly set up so you can learn more about them and not really used for evaluating you aside from identifying any glaring red flags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimhortonsCup said:

What would competitive grades be? B+ average and higher?

I would assume so.. but I know someone who has a couple Cs still get 1 interview

• Like 1