The SLS always makes one later on for accepted students but that's probably not gonna happen until May or June!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Notnotadog said:

The SLS always makes one later on for accepted students but that's probably not gonna happen until May or June!

Makes sense! Thank you☺️

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hopefullawstudent123 said:

Super excited to finally meet everyone!

me too!! so cool that we will/could all be classmates next year!

• Like 2

The group has actually been created by the admissions office already, you should receive an invitation via email at some point! 

• Like 2

the fb group is "U of T Faculty of Law - JD Class of 2024". You can search for it on fb and you can request to join 

• Like 1

FYI the admissions group generally isn’t the main group, no one really posts much on it in recent years cause it’s monitored by adcomm.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Notnotadog said:

FYI the admissions group generally isn’t the main group, no one really posts much on it in recent years cause it’s monitored by adcomm.

Yeah IIRC way back in the day, the admin-controlled group used to be the only student FB group, but one year the students decided they wanted more privacy away from admin presence, so a student-controlled FB group was created and became the main hub of information and activities.

That said, when I was in 1L a professor did go to the admin-controlled group to post about a summer job opportunity which was not cross-posted to the student-controlled group, and that remains the only memory I have of the admin-controlled group having unique informational value since I started law school.

• Like 4

For those of you who are 1Ls and up, was the admin-controlled group useful in introducing you to others? ie. were you then able to find some people on Facebook/Instagram and connect with them? 

3 minutes ago, futureellewoods said:

For those of you who are 1Ls and up, was the admin-controlled group useful in introducing you to others? ie. were you then able to find some people on Facebook/Instagram and connect with them? 

Not super useful, they had some v awkward conversation prompts which no one engaged with. Connected with a few classmates as a result of the group, but the SLS group is really where people started to open up. 

• Like 4

I think the issue with the Facebook group is that there are too many people to make any meaningful connections. You'll meet people during orientation week, legal methods, small group, clubs, etc.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:19 PM, hopefullawstudent123 said:

Does anyone know if a U of T accepted Facebook group has been created yet?:)

Super excited to finally meet everyone!

Hey, just a bit confused as to why you made the exact same post in the Osgoode thread...

19 hours ago, hopefullawstudent123 said:

PM'd! Just deciding between the two:)

If I remember correctly, you only get invited to the group when you accept your offer.

1 hour ago, HappyJDStudent said:

If I remember correctly, you only get invited to the group when you accept your offer.

Nope. Just checked my email from last year. I got an email from the admissions committee with the facebook group link the day after I'd been admitted, many months before I accepted my offer. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, albertabean said:

Nope. Just checked my email from last year. I got an email from the admissions committee with the facebook group link the day after I'd been admitted, many months before I accepted my offer. 

Apparently, I did not remember correcty

• Haha 2