Sign in to follow this  
HumanCalculator

Anglophone attempting Uottawa Civil Law

Hi, apologies if wrong forum, but I posted in the civil law forum and it seems nobody had an answer. I'm an anglophone interested in attending University of Ottawa Civil Law's French program. I'm not certain I'd be able to achieve the 80% on the TFI to be admitted to University of Montreal, however, I know University of Ottawa offers their own language test.

Does anyone know if there is an absolute minimum that an applicant must score on that test to be admitted to Ottawa's civil law program? I just can't seem to find any info on this online and the faculty has not responded to e-mails. I understand on their website, they have grading criteria on how to interpret your language results, but nothing pertaining to a minimum required to attend classes.

Hi! I'm in the same boat as you and I e-mailed admissions a while back about this. 

Here is what they said: 

"La réussite ou l’échec du test de français n’est pas une condition d’admission. Ce test nous permet d’identifier les étudiants qui pourraient avoir besoin d’un appui linguistique en les inscrivant dans un cours d’encadrement de français langue seconde associé au cours DRC1507 à l’automne et au cours DRC1706 à l’hiver.

La date limite sera en septembre 2021 pour l'admission de 2021. Voici les liens pertinents concernant le test linguistique:"