boreal155

Vancouver OCI Invitations

just thought it might be helpful to have a thread started since UofC/UofA invites are going out today! what firms have people heard from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for starting this! So far I've heard from Whitelaw, Alexander Holburn, and Farris for interviews ! Has anyone heard anything from Lawson Lundell, Clark Wilson or Singleton? 

I've heard from Lawson and Clark Wilson but didn't apply to Singleton. Additionally, Gowling, DLA, BLG, Miller Thompson and Dentons. 

1 minute ago, KJR said:

I've heard from Lawson and Clark Wilson but didn't apply to Singleton. Additionally, Gowling, DLA, BLG, Miller Thompson and Dentons. 

wow that's great ! does anyone know if  the firms email all students at the same time? 

I think interviews at this point have already been communicated. congratulations to everyone on their interviews and good luck tomorrow! :)

• Like 1

hey guys! did anyone hear back from Alexander Holburn after interviews today? 

12 hours ago, blow said:

hey guys! did anyone hear back from Alexander Holburn after interviews today? 

I was under the impression most, if not all, firms are following the guidelines and not sending in-firm ITC until closer to call day. AHBL told me specifically they’d be concluding all OCI before calling anyone. Have you heard differently from other firms?

2 hours ago, jjp said:

I was under the impression most, if not all, firms are following the guidelines and not sending in-firm ITC until closer to call day. AHBL told me specifically they’d be concluding all OCI before calling anyone. Have you heard differently from other firms?

I just meant in terms of responding back to thank you emails. I just wasn't sure if it was a bad sign if firms didn't respond.

42 minutes ago, blow said:

I just meant in terms of responding back to thank you emails. I just wasn't sure if it was a bad sign if firms didn't respond.

Ah got it. No, I did send a thank-you but did not hear back afterward from AHBL, but did from all others. I wouldn't read too much into that. Good luck on your recruit!

• Thanks 1

OCI @ - Singleton, Stikeman, Blakes, Cassels, Lawson and Gowling

Interview @ - Whitelaw

On 1/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, blow said:

Thanks for starting this! So far I've heard from Whitelaw, Alexander Holburn, and Farris for interviews ! Has anyone heard anything from Lawson Lundell, Clark Wilson or Singleton? 

When did you hear about Whitelaw? Do you know how many rounds of interviews they do? I worry about the potential for them giving me an offer before OCI firms since I would probably just take it to be safe. 

Edited by school

1 hour ago, school said:

OCI @ - Singleton, Stikeman, Blakes, Cassels, Lawson and Gowling

Interview @ - Whitelaw

When did you hear about Whitelaw? Do you know how many rounds of interviews they do? I worry about the potential for them giving me an offer before OCI firms since I would probably just take it to be safe. 

I think the poster was using the term interview to refer to OCI, whereas you appear to be using it to refer to in-firm interview. I am curious to know how you got an in-firm interview from Whitelaw already, did you not participate in OCI with them?

1 hour ago, jjp said:

I think the poster was using the term interview to refer to OCI, whereas you appear to be using it to refer to in-firm interview. I am curious to know how you got an in-firm interview from Whitelaw already, did you not participate in OCI with them?

I go to an Ontario school. They just called me to say they wanted to give me an interview (it was outside of my Van OCI's). Maybe they are going straight to interviews for Ontario? Maybe they're doing two stage interviews but outside our cycle.

A mystery indeed. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 8:23 PM, school said:

I go to an Ontario school. They just called me to say they wanted to give me an interview (it was outside of my Van OCI's). Maybe they are going straight to interviews for Ontario? Maybe they're doing two stage interviews but outside our cycle.

A mystery indeed. 

Congratulations! I have heard that Whitelaw does not follow the Vancouver guidelines for schools not part of the OCI process. They also pursue candidates pretty aggressively when they like them, so there may be a potential that would get an offer before March 11th. I interviewed in accordance with the regular OCI process, so I was just referring to that in my post. 

12 minutes ago, lolrip said:

Has anyone heard back about in firms post Vancouver OCIs?

I don't think it's ITC time yet - some firms are still doing interviews.

https://vancouverbar.ca/student-guidelines/ 

Unless you're talking about firms that don't follow the guidelines? In which case I can't help you lol. 

Edited by Starling