CaptainLevi

Optional Documents Outstanding

Hi all, I submitted an application to UNB a while ago. I'm applying in the Regular Category so I am not submitting the Special Circumstances Document nor any Reference Letters. 

When I check my application status, my required documents (Resume, Personal Statement, and Transcripts) say Received. However, my optional documents (Special Circumstances Document and Reference Letters) say Outstanding. I was just wondering if there is anything I have to do or submit to indicate that I will not be uploading the optional documents. This is because I do not want them to wait for the optional documents to begin assessing my file as I do not intend to upload the optional documents. 

Alternatively, has anybody that has been accepted (without uploading the optional documents) had to do anything to indicate that they were not going to upload the optional documents.

Thanks in advance. 

31 minutes ago, CaptainLevi said:

Hi all, I submitted an application to UNB a while ago. I'm applying in the Regular Category so I am not submitting the Special Circumstances Document nor any Reference Letters. 

When I check my application status, my required documents (Resume, Personal Statement, and Transcripts) say Received. However, my optional documents (Special Circumstances Document and Reference Letters) say Outstanding. I was just wondering if there is anything I have to do or submit to indicate that I will not be uploading the optional documents. This is because I do not want them to wait for the optional documents to begin assessing my file as I do not intend to upload the optional documents. 

Alternatively, has anybody that has been accepted (without uploading the optional documents) had to do anything to indicate that they were not going to upload the optional documents.

Thanks in advance. 

Ahoy Captain, 

I was accepted to UNB this cycle without uploading optional documents. I was not required to do anything to indicate that I was not submitting those documents.

That being said, I do not remember if there was ever a note on my file saying my optional documents were outstanding. If you are really worried about it, Wanda and the rest of the admissions team are extremely friendly and helpful so I would recommend sending them a quick email to make sure there hasn’t been a mix up. 

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Just now, SleepyMalcolmRowe said:

Ahoy Captain, 

I was accepted to UNB this cycle without uploading optional documents. I was not required to do anything to indicate that I was not submitting those documents.

That being said, I do not remember if there was ever a note on my file saying my optional documents were outstanding. If you are really worried about it, Wanda and the rest of the admissions team are extremely friendly and helpful so I would recommend sending them a quick email to make sure there hasn’t been a mix up. 

Best of luck!

I haven’t been accepted yet, but I’m chiming in to say that I also didn’t upload optional documents except for letters of rec. Mine also shows outstanding but that’s just because I just didn’t upload anything there. I wouldn’t worry since it says optional. If all your required docs have been uploaded I would think it’s all okay!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SleepyMalcolmRowe said:

Ahoy Captain, 

Best of luck!

Thank you for letting me know!

Congratulations on your acceptance! Wish you all the best. 

22 minutes ago, planticus said:

I haven’t been accepted yet, but I’m chiming in to say that I also didn’t upload optional documents except for letters of rec. Mine also shows outstanding but that’s just because I just didn’t upload anything there. I wouldn’t worry since it says optional. If all your required docs have been uploaded I would think it’s all okay!

Sounds good, thank you!

Best of luck with your application! 

I actually JUST emailed Wanda about this, I'll let you know what she says! (I applied both regular and special circumstances, but only because I'm 31, and I feel like that's reflected in my resume and PS and doesn't require any additional documentation haha)

EDIT: She wrote back and said don't worry about it

Edited by rebeccamtl
added info
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, CaptainLevi said:

Sounds good, thank you!

Best of luck with your application! 

Thank you!! You too!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rebeccamtl said:

I actually JUST emailed Wanda about this, I'll let you know what she says! (I applied both regular and special circumstances, but only because I'm 31, and I feel like that's reflected in my resume and PS and doesn't require any additional documentation haha)

EDIT: She wrote back and said don't worry about it

Thanks for sharing! Best of luck with your application!