Sign in to follow this  
FirstGear

2020 Last Semester Grades - Late Release

I had an odd semester that ran from Oct. 2020 - Jan. 2021. The grades are released this week, but the transcript would not be received by U of A in time.

By not being able to use my most recent semester grades, my L2 GPA decreases from 3.8 -> 3.3.

Other schools I applied to, such as U of C, either have a later deadline, or they accept unofficial transcripts uploaded online. U of A only accepts official transcripts as per their website and correspondence, unless this has changed.

My LSAT score is not released until first week of February 2021. Based on previous performance, it's likely to be 157-160.

Aside from hoping for the best with my resulting subpar GPA, what other recourse do I have?

Edited by FirstGear

Send them an email explaining the situation and ask if they can grant an extension. No guarantees but it’s worth a shot.

I would call the student connect line through U of A registrar today and see what they say. I'm sure you're not the only person but that way they are aware of your situation... just might affect when they get marks as I am assuming another wave of acceptances will happen soon. 

I had a similar problem. I was told by UAlberta (and other schools with the same deadline) that I needed an official letter explaining my grades would be delayed.

Definitely contact them and let them know.

Edited by Liavas

U of A accepts official transcripts emailed from your university. That shouldn't take too long so I suggest you contact your uni's admin office and ask them to sent your updated transcripts to [email protected]

Good luck!

15 hours ago, samii said:

U of A accepts official transcripts emailed from your university. That shouldn't take too long so I suggest you contact your uni's admin office and ask them to sent your updated transcripts to [email protected]

Good luck!

Thanks for letting me know!

23 hours ago, Liavas said:

I had a similar problem. I was told by UAlberta (and other schools with the same deadline) that I needed an official letter explaining my grades would be delayed.

Definitely contact them and let them know.

I just received a response this morning, and they advised the same.

My university itself however takes time to produce the final grades. My courses actually don't end until Jan. 31, 2021. I am hoping they will take this into consideration.

Just now, FirstGear said:

I just received a response this morning, and they advised the same.

My university itself however takes time to produce the final grades. My courses actually don't end until Jan. 31, 2021. I am hoping they will take this into consideration.

I think deadlines are pretty set unfortunately I would still send them though after you get them. 

I had a similar situation, if the transcript is backdated for before February 1st then you're a-okay. If not, then it might be more complicated. I would email for sure and notify them.