Ichigo

What Does Everyone Think About the January Flex?

Since it's been several days since most tests were administered, how do you feel about your performance? Was it harder than you expected? I found it pretty straight forward, but the last LG game (newspapers) really took me for a spin. 

I feel like I did better than November. Back then, I scored almost ten points less than what I was PTing, which felt pretty awful. 

That said, I’m notorious for thinking I did great and then tanking, so I just try to leave it alone. I think we find out early in Feb, right?

13 hours ago, Likethis said:

I think we find out early in Feb, right?

Yup, February 3rd. 

I think it was pretty good and possibly better than November. Nothing surprising imo. It is hard to tell how you did though. Just hoping for the best. 

I felt fine about it until about 30 minutes after lol. Several test takers who wrote earlier in the day had posted about the questions on Reddit. Apparently some the questions had been recycled from previous LSATs in the UK. The threads were removed quickly by mods, so I am not sure how legitimate the claims were, or how many people were able to look up the questions. But I felt absolutely gutted after finishing the LSAT and seeing those posts. 

My understanding is the sections are all recycled from old tests, but none were disclosed tests.

I thought the LR and LG were of average difficulty but found RC quite hard. I hope it doesn't screw me over too badly, but don't have a good feeling about it tbh. The waiting is harder than the test 😬

I didn't write the Jan Flex but I'd recommend checking out the PowerScore podcast. They go over each administration and talk about the difficulty of each section that was on the test so that you can better gauge how you did. When I wrote my test I found the podcast more helpful to calm my nerves after as opposed to looking on reddit or other sites :) I hope it went well for you all !!

Edited by lawlawlaw99662

6 hours ago, dracostudiesthelaw said:

I felt fine about it until about 30 minutes after lol. Several test takers who wrote earlier in the day had posted about the questions on Reddit. Apparently some the questions had been recycled from previous LSATs in the UK. The threads were removed quickly by mods, so I am not sure how legitimate the claims were, or how many people were able to look up the questions. But I felt absolutely gutted after finishing the LSAT and seeing those posts. 

According to Powerscore, the sections were taken from tests administered in the 80's, though I'm not sure about regions where they were administered. I'm feeling okay and hoping I did better than October. 

6 hours ago, NeverTooLate said:

The waiting is harder than the test 😬

Agreed. I think I'd rather listen to someone run their fingers on a chalkboard for 5 hours straight than wait for my score

• Like 1

Apparently 27,500 people sat for the January LSAT, which to me is mind boggling. I wonder how many of those were in Canada.

• Like 1

Felt good about the reading comprehension (Kafka v Kafka, evasion, diplomacy, and big bang). Also feeling really OK about LR (low sodium soup, maple trees, crystals in glass vials?). These two sections seemed fair. I'm not sure that I agree with Powerscore's evaluation of the difficulty for those. They felt really standard and like any other test in the 80s. 

Lost my head on games (and apparently I got the "easier"section) but I am notoriously terrible and the intense anxiety did me no favours. Initially I felt fine about the test but the closer we get to score release the more nervous I am that I tanked too hard on the games and didn't do well enough elsewhere to compensate. I'm also worried that I have false confidence about everything and that I actually did terribly on LR and RC too. 

My goal was 160 but I'd honestly be really happy with ~158 because I was sweatin' the entire time. I'm just hoping I didn't completely blow it. 

• Like 1

It's always hard to say. My best LSAT score came from the attempt I thought I had bombed.

• Like 1