anc1991

Rejected [McGill 2021]

Posted (edited)

Refused just now!

cGPA - 3.59

L2 - 3.7

LSAT - 165

General applicant, decent ECs, B2 level french, current McGill undergrad so rec letters were from McGill profs. 

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting !!

Edited by spinningcompass
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, m141312 said:

Rejected just now (checked my portal and it said Refused) - kind of hurts but I knew it was a super competitive cycle so it is what it is !

CGPA : OLSAS scale 3.76, B2 3.86 (still have 1 semester left and likely to increase)

LSAT : None

ECs: pretty strong IMO (club president, international and public sector work experience, etc.,)

Fluent in French (did undergrad in french and english)

Best of luck to the rest of you, I will be back in 2022 😎

oh no, this made me sad i've seen you on this forum all year feels like the end of an era. Your stats are great and your application can only get even stronger from here, best of luck for next cycle !!!!

10 minutes ago, spinningcompass said:

Refused just now!

cGPA - 3.59

L2 - 3.7

LSAT - 165

General applicant, decent ECs, B2 level french, current McGill undergrad so rec letters were from McGill profs. 

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting !!

Your L2 and LSAT are great, I'm sure you'll end up somewhere just as great!!

• Like 4

Refused just now!

GPA: 4.0

No LSAT

ECs were pretty good (not really law related, mostly journalism related [executives of some campus organizations plus being published] and some interesting work/research experiences with the government), bilingual applicant. I thought my PS and reference letters were good, but of course, I'm probably a little biased!

Also, for context, I just finished my third year of my four-year undergrad degree, so I figure that probably played a part in my rejection — since I technically wouldn't have been done my degree by Fall 2021. All good though, I'm planning to apply next year (likely after having taken the LSAT this summer) and I'm wishing everyone who's still RFR or Waitlisted the best of luck! You guys got this. 😄

Edited by journtolaw

6 hours ago, journtolaw said:

Refused just now!

GPA: 4.0

No LSAT

ECs were pretty good (not really law related, mostly journalism related [executives of some campus organizations plus being published] and some interesting work/research experiences with the government), bilingual applicant. I thought my PS and reference letters were good, but of course, I'm probably a little biased!

Also, for context, I just finished my third year of my four-year undergrad degree, so I figure that probably played a part in my rejection — since I technically wouldn't have been done my degree by Fall 2021. All good though, I'm planning to apply next year (likely after having taken the LSAT this summer) and I'm wishing everyone who's still RFR or Waitlisted the best of luck! You guys got this. 😄

That's exactly likely the reason. McGill doesn't really accept people with incomplete undergrads unless they can apply through the Cegep category.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, artsydork said:

That's exactly likely the reason. McGill doesn't really accept people with incomplete undergrads unless they can apply through the Cegep category.

Yeah, you're definitely right! I received my official letter of refusal and this is what they said:

"Bien que le Comité ait relevé des éléments positifs à votre dossier, et étant donné la force et la qualité des demandes reçues, il est inhabituel d'admettre des personnes candidates avant qu'ils n'aient complété leurs études de premier cycle. Nous serions heureux de recevoir une nouvelle demande de votre part lorsque vous serez en voie de terminer vos études de premier cycle."

Looking forward to applying again next year!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Unexpextedapplicant said:

Rejected back in April (not bilingual)

L2: 3.8

LSAT: 153

EC: Lots of experience in different fields. Also just became a licensed paralegal 

What category did you apply under? Mature or uni?