anc1991

Rejected [McGill 2021]

On 2/19/2021 at 11:41 AM, LolaPillon said:

Just by curiousity haha, what made you not expect to get in ?

I just felt like all my stuff was too average. My ECs were good but nothing spectacular, I had one strong LOR and one that probably wasn't as strong and my GPA wasn't as high as I (or McGill) would have liked. I applied hoping the holistic process would work in my favour but it did not.

1 hour ago, shaner said:

I just felt like all my stuff was too average. My ECs were good but nothing spectacular, I had one strong LOR and one that probably wasn't as strong and my GPA wasn't as high as I (or McGill) would have liked. I applied hoping the holistic process would work in my favour but it did not.

did you write the lsat?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I'm wondering why you keep bringing up sociology. Do you think its particularly relevant to law school in some way? I understand your point about people's biases, but I do not think I agree that it is very relevant to the scenario. I think law faculty are comprised of very intelligent people who are aware of their own biases and can set them aside when reviewing applicants. Anecdotally I know a decent amount of law students from across the political spectrum in many schools. Some of them are conservative in social justice-oriented schools, some are very liberal in more conservative schools. I've listened to the podcast hosted by the deans of Yale and Harvard's law schools. Both agreed that they actively try to create ideologically diverse classes to prevent lectures from being echo chambers and to promote debate. I went to an event hosted by admissions officers at my uni shortly before covid where they made similar remarks. So I understand the point you are trying to make, but I respectfully disagree.
    • In queue as of Feb 19th  cGPA (OLSAS): 3.65 L2: 3.84 (undergrad), 3.9 (masters) LSAT: 168 (Jan) 
    • From my understanding, it depends on the firm, but generally at the end of the day Tuesday (or occasionally earlier in the day depending on when you interview) firms will email you and let you know whether they’d like you to come back for another interview Wednesday. Most firms that don’t want another interview will let you know that night as well (similar to OCI PFOs). Thursday is seen as a more informal interview day, and would likely consist of shorter coffee-chat type calls (normally these would be breakfast receptions/lunches, but different because it’s virtual this year). I hope this is helpful! 
    • Hi, I also only wrote the January LSAT and went into queue on Feb 19th!   
    • No. What I’m saying is that based on rational choice theory, the decision to not expend time and money studying for the LSAT/submitting applications in hopes of a 2.8% chance of admission isn’t as “asinine” as you make it seem. In fact, it’s the complete opposite.    Sure, some schools have lower admit stats. You’d have to ask my friend why he didn’t consider those schools, but my friend’s story is only a anecdote to the overarching core argument that I made earlier about program difficulty.    Bro 😉