sam8989

Law school admission from BBA/comparing intl schools

Hey guys, 

I honestly couldn't find much information on this topic and am really hoping this thread will help! I am currently almost done my Human Resources Diploma at BCIT and thinking of applying to law school in the near future. I probably will get my BBA at BCIT too before I apply for Law school, but I'm wondering if:

1. does a BCIT degree count for law schools such as UVIC/UBC I haven't seen many posts about BCIT undergrads going to law school.

2. is it maybe better to try international law schools since they are less competitive but then you don't get as good jobs? 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would love to hear your thoughts/experiences 

Thanks a lot!

Try not to go international, it may be a shortcut in the short term but in the long term it’ll be really expensive and difficult to find a job here. 

Sam8989, it wasn't a shortcut for me. It was a long and arduous road. It was more expensive, too. It was also perhaps a bit more difficult to find a job in Ontario. However, I studied for my first year in Australia; then, I transferred to Windsor; then, I found a job . 7 years later, I'm still at that job - at a mid sized firm - and am successful in my role. So, if that's what you want to do, then work hard at it, and your road may be longer but you'll get there eventually. This is not a race and it's not supposed to be easy. Best of luck and please reach out to me if you need any encouragement or guidance.

I was in a similar situation having been doing a BBA at NAIT which I would think is pretty comparable to BCIT. I reached out to UBC, U of A, UVic and TRU, and the program was accepted at all four. I've been accepted to UVic without having to complete the program, and UBC had told me that I would have to finish the degree prior to applying. Hope this helps!

Edited by corndog