daissy

Application News

Has anyone heard when admissions may begin? Getting impatient... u of m started last week so pretty sure U of S is the last school to begin? 

• Like 1

Maybe no one got in. Just NOPE not doing 2021–come back next year! 😆 

..I’m also impatient. But have nothing helpful to share. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, pmtfuturelawyer said:

Has anyone heard when admissions may begin? Getting impatient... u of m started last week so pretty sure U of S is the last school to begin? 

Sask for whatever reasoning starts their timeline of offers later than everyone else, the waitlist only started last year in the middle of June. 

On 1/28/2021 at 4:48 PM, pmtfuturelawyer said:

It seems like there is more applications for all schools this year... my application has been completed since prior to Christmas... I heard they have a small team from a prior thread so it might be due to working remotely? I'm just hoping to hear soon before I make a decision on a different offer. 

out of curiosity--where are people hearing that there are more applicants this year?

I have heard the opposite and that for some schools it is actually a record low application year. I don't know what to believe anymore lol. 

21 minutes ago, gcyeg said:

out of curiosity--where are people hearing that there are more applicants this year?

I have heard the opposite and that for some schools it is actually a record low application year. I don't know what to believe anymore lol. 

Huh. Weird. I’ve seen a few conversations on here about the stats from LSAC. And U of C actually commented to confirm that they had received ~1600 applications this year (last year was just under 1200, I believe).

Which school(s) did you hear had a record low? 

Just got an email saying they have done a "preliminarily screening" of my application. Hopefully they start making some admission decisions soon! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abc321 said:

Huh. Weird. I’ve seen a few conversations on here about the stats from LSAC. And U of C actually commented to confirm that they had received ~1600 applications this year (last year was just under 1200, I believe).

Yes I heard from u of c they had approximately 1600

5 minutes ago, dman1921 said:

Just got an email saying they have done a "preliminarily screening" of my application. Hopefully they start making some admission decisions soon! 

Are both of your references been approved and comments on your application say complete or is it something else? 

41 minutes ago, abc321 said:

I had heard that U of A specifically saw a drop this year.

I wonder why more people are applying ugh. Wish they wouldn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gcyeg said:

I had heard that U of A specifically saw a drop this year.

I wonder why more people are applying ugh. Wish they wouldn't. 

care to share where you heard that?

37 minutes ago, pmtfuturelawyer said:

Are both of your references been approved and comments on your application say complete or is it something else? 

I am applying in the regular category, so I have not submitted any reference letters. 

My application still says "Action Required", even though I have submitted all the required documents. 

2 minutes ago, Borker said:

care to share where you heard that?

Some "reliable" word of mouth...so certainly not the most reliable source in the world lol. However, I am not sure if U of A has released any actual info about how many applications they received this year.

9 minutes ago, gcyeg said:

Some "reliable" word of mouth...so certainly not the most reliable source in the world lol. However, I am not sure if U of A has released any actual info about how many applications they received this year.

we can only hope its true!

12 minutes ago, dman1921 said:

I am applying in the regular category, so I have not submitted any reference letters. 

My application still says "Action Required", even though I have submitted all the required documents. 

Oh okay interesting... okay mine has been complete since prior to the dec break but haven't received any information of doing preliminary reviews etc so now I'm nervous about that... hoping something comes soon. I just emailed admissions to see but for their automated reply not sure if I will get a response 

8 hours ago, gcyeg said:

From a U of A admissions, I was told they're seeing a slight jump in applications 

Whelp, someone's finally been admitted! Looks like today it starts.

@BCLaw11 Was it a physical letter, or an email? Just a little confused from what you wrote on the acceptance thread.

Just now, Chazz said:

Whelp, someone's finally been admitted! Looks like today it starts.

@BCLaw11 Was it a physical letter, or an email? Just a little confused from what you wrote on the acceptance thread.

It was neither really, I just went online to my portal and clicked view under action, its just an E-document that looked like a physical letter.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BCLaw11 said:

It was neither really, I just went online to my portal and clicked view under action, its just an E-document that looked like a physical letter.

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like the rest of us are gonna be frantically refreshing our portals for the next little while.

Congrats on the acceptance!

Just now, Chazz said:

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like the rest of us are gonna be frantically refreshing our portals for the next little while.

Thank you, I hope everyone gets good news.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chazz said:

I would imagine there would be a few more than just one acceptance today... this is getting painful