daissy

Application News

I received an email from the admissions office this morning. It stated that they had done a preliminary screening of my application. It sounds like they are starting to go through them so hopefully people will start hearing about acceptances soon!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daissy said:

I received an email from the admissions office this morning. It stated that they had done a preliminary screening of my application. It sounds like they are starting to go through them so hopefully people will start hearing about acceptances soon!

Did you reach out or did you just receive the email? Has anyone else got this email? 

No I did not email them initially. They wanted to know if I had taken the January lsat (even though I had indicated that on my application already). 

3 hours ago, daissy said:

TIL admissions works on the weekends 😶

3 hours ago, daissy said:

Do you mind if I ask what the completion status of your application is? My LSAT score says received, as does my personal statement and my preliminary statement of marks, but I'm missing my post secondary transcript that has to be sent by my institution after graduation and the uploadable version of the same one (I'm in my last term of undergrad). Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything that will bar them from reviewing my application!

My application status has said action required from when I started the application and has not changed. The transcript that I sent them just changed to received this morning. I sent mine quite awhile ago so I guess it has just taken them awhile to get everything uploaded. 

48 minutes ago, daissy said:

My application status has said action required from when I started the application and has not changed. The transcript that I sent them just changed to received this morning. I sent mine quite awhile ago so I guess it has just taken them awhile to get everything uploaded. 

Thanks for the update! I do think the application status is the thing most people are concerned about. Especially the ones who are still in school and have everything received except for final transcripts. It's reassuring you can receive that email while still having "action required."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, daissy said:

Thank you for clarifying!

3 hours ago, lawschoolpleasee said:

My application updated to "Completed" today, as a heads up! 

Do you mind if I ask if you’re still in undergrad? I’m just wondering if the transcript you uploaded was a final transcript.

Yes I am. I completed my first BA in June of 2020. I am now just finishing up my last class for my second BA. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chazz said:

Do you mind if I ask if you’re still in undergrad? I’m just wondering if the transcript you uploaded was a final transcript.

Not at all! I have graduated from my undergrad, but I am a master's student currently, so I thought they may be waiting for this semester's marks as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2021 at 2:13 PM, daissy said:

Yes I am. I completed my first BA in June of 2020. I am now just finishing up my last class for my second BA. 

Has anything else changed on your application since receiving that email that they are looking at your application 

18 minutes ago, magicfiredust said:

At this point I'm assuming they're waiting for January score release (Feb03).

😶 sigh

33 minutes ago, dillpickly said:

I wonder if they are waiting because there are fewer applicant? Or maybe delays from covid?

It seems like there is more applications for all schools this year... my application has been completed since prior to Christmas... I heard they have a small team from a prior thread so it might be due to working remotely? I'm just hoping to hear soon before I make a decision on a different offer. 

• Thanks 1