Nick613

Chances? 3.1 B20, 164

I am a mature applicant who graduated in 2013 and have worked in a law firm since. My grades are clearly not great but my ECs are pretty strong (Vice-President on the board of an NPO and significant legal experience), decent LSAT (I am rewriting in April aiming for a 170+ if I do not get in this cycle). 

What are my chances?

Ryerson and Ottawa U (applied in mature category at Ottawa U). I think I have a more realistic chance at Ryerson.

• Like 2

You've got a shot at Ryerson. Although they seem to value GPA above LSAT. If you don't get in this cycle, I'd apply widely the next one.

I got into TRU with worse stats (but I did a postgrad + diploma program with 3.8-4.0 cGPA) so it's possible to get in somewhere! Apply to TRU, they are still accepting applications.

I'm hoping to get into Ryerson too but I don't think chances threads on this school can be accurate. There have been rejections from Ryerson last year with people who had decent/good stats, and others with lower stats got in. 

• Like 1

I think your chances are pretty good.  If I had to put a number on it, I'd say 60%. It's hard to say because your LSAT is great for Ryerson, and your relevant work experience is a positive factor.

If you did re-write in April and get a 170, that would be even better.

Good luck.