Relentless2017

Is it too early to apply for a PSLOC?

I got an acceptance in BC, although I am waiting on other schools and I am not 100% sure I want to go there, unless it’s my only option. I am waiting specifically on Ontario schools.

Can/should I apply for a PSLOC at Scotiabank right now? Can I even apply with only one acceptance letter / offer that I haven’t even accepted yet? Or do I need to wait until I am 100% set on a school and accept an offer? I am just worried if I apply based on this BC acceptance and I get an acceptance in ON, whether I would have to make another application again for a PSLOC. 

thanks! 

I spoke to a scotia rep a week ago who told me I can apply with an acceptance to any school and they can always change that school later on. Otherwise, the rep also told me that the application is good for 6 months, so if that timeline passes I'm guessing you would have to re-apply again. 

But I am just relaying the information as I understood it.. it would be best for you to speak to a rep directly. 

Here is a link to a list or reps you could contact. 

https://www.scotiabank.com/content/dam/scotiabank/canada/en/documents/Scotiabank_SPSP_representative_English.pdf

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, thumper300 said:

I spoke to a scotia rep a week ago who told me I can apply with an acceptance to any school and they can always change that school later on. Otherwise, the rep also told me that the application is good for 6 months, so if that timeline passes I'm guessing you would have to re-apply again. 

But I am just relaying the information as I understood it.. it would be best for you to speak to a rep directly. 

Here is a link to a list or reps you could contact. 

https://www.scotiabank.com/content/dam/scotiabank/canada/en/documents/Scotiabank_SPSP_representative_English.pdf

Thank you so much! That helps a lot. For sure in 6 months I’ll know where I’m going, so if I apply now I should be good. I am seeing a scotiabank representative near my condo next week - I didn’t use any of them on that list, I hope that okay. 

anyone else talked to a rep recently? 

Is there a reason to apply this early? You likely won't have access to the funds until you can show that you are enrolled at a particular school. 

4 hours ago, erinl2 said:

Is there a reason to apply this early? You likely won't have access to the funds until you can show that you are enrolled at a particular school. 

No reason really, I just want to be ready. I guess it’s all the excitement too. Just don’t want to have to worry about it later, especially since I owe some money now and need to know how that’s going to affect me getting a PSLOC.