SRSmith

Multiple Applications

For BC law schools, does accepting at one university automatically take me out of the application process for other schools in BC? 

I'm not sure how it works in BC, but in Ontario you can accept at a school (school A) anytime before June 1st and all your offers still remain open. However, if you decide to accept a different school (school B) before then, you can't then go back later and accept school A if you change your mind. June 1st is when whatever school you've accepted at that point becomes set in stone and you can't change again. 

My guess is that it would be at the very least similar, if not the exact same. The dates might be different though. 

9 hours ago, navyblue11 said:

I'm not sure how it works in BC, but in Ontario you can accept at a school (school A) anytime before June 1st and all your offers still remain open. However, if you decide to accept a different school (school B) before then, you can't then go back later and accept school A if you change your mind. June 1st is when whatever school you've accepted at that point becomes set in stone and you can't change again. 

My guess is that it would be at the very least similar, if not the exact same. The dates might be different though. 

Clarification on ON procedures. Offers typically are open until April 1. At that point,  or before that point, you can accept an offer provisionally, but if you have received other offers, those offers are now gone. Any outstanding decisions will remain open. You may only have one provisional acceptance. Your provisional acceptance will automatically become firm on July 1, 2021.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, erinl2 said:

Clarification on ON procedures. Offers typically are open until April 1. At that point, or before that point, you can accept an offer provisionally, but if you have received other offers, those offers are now gone. Any outstanding decisions will remain open. You may only have one provisional acceptance. Your provisional acceptance will automatically become firm on July 1, 2021.

Ohhh I see. So the "School A, School B" stuff is for anything before April 1st? 

I always seem to get June and July mixed up, it's the four-letter J's haha 😂

21 hours ago, SRSmith said:

For BC law schools, does accepting at one university automatically take me out of the application process for other schools in BC? 

No. Once you've received an offer you'll be given a deadline to accept and pay a deposit. You can withdraw that acceptance at any time and go to a different BC school, but that means forfeiting the deposit that you paid at the first school.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, navyblue11 said:

Ohhh I see. So the "School A, School B" stuff is for anything before April 1st? 

I always seem to get June and July mixed up, it's the four-letter J's haha 😂

No. As I said, if you have offers from school A and school B, and you decide to provisionally accept school A, the offer from school B is now gone. Once you make a provisional acceptance, any other received offers are kaput. However, any outstanding decisions that you have not yet received, are still open. So, for example, if you provisionally accept school A, then get an offer from school C and you prefer school C, you can then switch your provisional acceptance to school C but will have lost any deposit to school A. 

Once you make a firm acceptance, that closes out all other offers and pending decisions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

No. As I said, if you have offers from school A and school B, and you decide to provisionally accept school A, the offer from school B is now gone. Once you make a provisional acceptance, any other received offers are kaput. However, any outstanding decisions that you have not yet received, are still open. So, for example, if you provisionally accept school A, then get an offer from school C and you prefer school C, you can then switch your provisional acceptance to school C but will have lost any deposit to school A. 

Once you make a firm acceptance, that closes out all other offers and pending decisions.

Thanks! Looks like I got some inaccurate info ahaha 😂 glad for the clarification!