Sign in to follow this  
Iobject

Chances? (3.53 cGPA / 169)

- McGill science undergrad

- Decent PS

- Good RLs, one academic (McGill prof I did one class and research with), one professional

- No law experience

- Billingual, currently working in Montreal

Does anyone have any insight to whether my LSAT may be enough to make up for my lower GPA?

Thanks!

This was last year: 

Accepted today:

3.53/4 GPA McGill undergrad 

163 LSAT

Out of Province - mature student 

French interview was three days before acceptance email. 

Best of luck!! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Non, c'est impossible, ce sont les crédits au moments de la demande d'admission.
    • Does anyone know if we can submit our Winter grades? Considering it would boost my cGPA. 
    • I have had to resort to a timer (count-down, not count-up) many times over the last few months. A timer is something I would occasionally resort to even in normal times, and would use a timer of between 25-45 minutes. Now sometimes I set a timer for 10 minutes just to get me actually doing something because there's no other way.
    • What do people recommend in terms of how I should organize materials? Whatever works for you. I found the easiest and cheapest method was hole-punching the top left corner and using rings I bought at Staples to separate each section. Professional cerlox binding looks nice but if you want to rearrange or there's an error, good luck fixing it yourself! Some people just use good old staplers. There's no right answer. The exam is largely a page-flipping exercise so your organization method should cater to this. Is it true to that it is recommended to just skip the whole Tax section? Don't skip anything. What you focus on is a different story. Better to update old indices or make my own or buy one? Like @baklava, I made mine in a group. It was annoying to do but probably helped a bit or at least it gave me peace of mind. I'd never have paid for an index though. If you read the materials, highlight well, and learn to work the ToC, you'll be fine. Where do I find old indices? My group worked from an index from friends who had written the bar the year prior. Should I be updating indices as I read the material? Or should I read all the material once, highlight it and then go back and update indices? If you plan to update indexes entirely on your own, as you read the materials, that sounds like a humungous waste of time with very limited payoff. Either work in a group or learn to use the ToC. Don't try and create an index by yourself, that is way too much work for one person. If you create a group index, yeah you just update as you read that section, so reading that section will take you longer than the rest. Is there a recommended amount of time we should spend on studying each day? Do the math yourself. How many pages do you need to read? How many days do you want to read them in? Divide one by the other. Read that many pages a day. Is it worth it buying practise exams and doing them? Do we have time to do them? Practice was absolutely essential for me. If you can access free exams great. If you can't, I guess you'll have to buy them?