lawhopeful100

Updating UFT on New Roles/Experiences

Apologies if this question has been asked before. I was recently selected for an interesting (and relevant to law school) opportunity, and I was wondering whether I should email UFT with this update to my candidacy (or whether that would be more annoying than anything else)? Thanks, and wishing everyone luck with their cycle!:) 

Edited by lawhopeful100
title change

Got it, thanks!

And haha I'm from Toronto, my friends and I have been abbreviating it UFT our whole lives, but noted.  

I believe in one of their emails/tumblr posts they specifically asked not to send them any updates with regard to any achievements/opportunities etc as it would be unfair to other candidates who do not do the same (and if everyone were to do that, they would probably never get through the review process). So, if I were you, I wouldn't send any updates as the specified not to, and it would actually end up reflecting badly on you (following instructions etc). Hope this helps and good luck!! :) 

• Like 3

On 1/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, lawhopeful100 said:

Got it, thanks!

And haha I'm from Toronto, my friends and I have been abbreviating it UFT our whole lives, but noted.  

That has to be a joke, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HappyJDStudent said:

That has to be a joke, right?

After 6 years at UofT I had never heard of the UFT abbreviation in my life, then suddenly after I saw this post in January I started seeing it used often.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Notnotadog said:

After 6 years at UofT I had never heard of the UFT abbreviation in my life, then suddenly after I saw this post in January I started seeing it used often.

It's all due to the pandemic. It just means "University of Fucking Toronto." But no one wants to quite say that.

• Haha 9

On 1/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, lawhopeful100 said:

Got it, thanks!

you and your friends have been abbreviating it wrong your whole lives 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mistertubby said:

you and your friends have been abbreviating it wrong your whole lives 

Abbreviating it wrong is simply a time-honoured local custom ❤️ 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I shall now apply all of the wisdom I have gained from reading this forum twelve hours a day every day since October to settle this issue once and for all. THE ONE TRUE GUIDE TO CHOOSING A LAW SCHOOL: Criterion #1: Go to school in the province where you want to work. This will help you build your network and minimize difficulties of changing jurisdictions where the laws may differ. Criterion #2: Minimize your debt. All Canadian law schools give you the same JD and all differences in outcome are due to individual differences among students. The fact that some schools have stronger or weaker students says nothing about the school itself, so you may as well just get the degree as cheap as possible. Therefore, without further ado, the one true objective ranking of Canadian schools (for English speakers, at least. Don't know enough about the French side of things to comment): If you want to work in BC: 1. UVic 2. UBC 3. TRU If you want to work in Alberta: 1. U of A 2. U of C (might be the better choice if you're dead-set on Calgary). If you want to work in Saskatchewan: U of S If you want to work in Manitoba: U of M If you want to work in Ontario: Anywhere in Ontario but U of T. Lakehead for anywhere north of Sudbury. Only go to Ryerson as a last resort. If you want to work in New Brunswick: UNB. If you want to work in Nova Scotia: Dal. If you want to work in PEI: UNB (see criterion #2). If you want to work in Newfoundland: Wait for Memorial. If you want to work in the North: Haha no you don't. If you want to work in the States: T6 if you can, T7-14 if you must. Otherwise forget it.
    • TRU regularly participates in Vancouver OCIs, Interior BC OCIs, Calgary OCIs, and Edmonton OCIs. TRU is participating in Toronto OCIs for this 2020-21 year because they're being conducted virtually. There is no word yet as to whether TRU will continue to participate in Toronto OCIs in the future. There are TRU grads all over the country, but they're concentrated in Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. Here are some questions for OP to consider: Would you rather live in Kamloops or or Saskatoon for 3 years? USask tuition is ~$15,000/year while TRU is $20,000/year. Is that $5000/year savings significant for you?
    • This is why I stuck to Econ and never took Sociology. Although it is worth pointing out to OP (not sure what party he/she volunteered for, but just in case) that just because Sociology profs are that crazy doesn't necessarily mean law school adcoms will be the same.
    • Hard to answer these kinds of questions given how new Ryerson is. There's just not a lot of data to work with. Anecdotally it does appear that they're weighing GPA more heavily than LSAT for example, but I don't think that there's any granular data breaking down cGPA vs B20.
    • the Ryerson admissions page says they look at the best 20 classes for gpa calculation, how important is the cGPA to them? If your best 20 is good but cGPA is really bad from first year how much can that affect admission?