Jump to content
Dreamchaser

Waitlisted- 2021

Recommended Posts

Apologies if an official Single JD Waitlist thread has been started - Please delete this one if it has. 

Waitlisted today.

LSAT: 162 (highest)

cGPA: 3.4

L2: 3.5ish 

ECs - Meh they're subjective

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, this is the only thread! There was some discussion in another thread but it wasn't specifically about the waitlist.

Waitlisted Jan. 13! Timeline before was: Pending Review (Nov. 25), Referred – admissions committee (Dec. 8), and then Jan. 13 Waitlisted

LSAT: 167 (only write)
cGPA: 3.43 (Estimated L2 ~3.5, B2 ~3.6)
ECs probably my were weakest aspect, especially with Windsor being quite holistic and focusing on community involvement and social justice experience (from what I understand). I'm currently in a graduate certificate program, and had community involvement through a couple clubs/organizations and volunteer positions from university, plus summer internships, but no major roles or serious involvement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats @Dreamchaser! According to people from other threads, getting waitlisted this early usually means you have a pretty good chance of getting in. Glad to see someone from our study group doing well!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted Jan 18th. 

cGPA 3.25 L2/ B2 3.7  LSAT 161 

Mature student (I’m 44). Background in social work and case management including 15 years in insurance litigation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VitalGiraffe said:

Congrats @Dreamchaser! According to people from other threads, getting waitlisted this early usually means you have a pretty good chance of getting in. Glad to see someone from our study group doing well!

Thank you!! Hoping to get admitted 🙏🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait listed this morning. Referred to admissions early January. 
 

cGPA 3.2 / L2 3.7 LSAT 157 

Mature Student. 10 years of senior level management experience. Social justice oriented  PS. 
 

Not sure what to make of being waitlisted so early in the cycle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AllRise said:

Wait listed this morning. Referred to admissions early January. 
 

cGPA 3.2 / L2 3.7 LSAT 157 

Mature Student. 10 years of senior level management experience. Social justice oriented  PS. 
 

Not sure what to make of being waitlisted so early in the cycle. 

Were you notified via email? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Toby1994 said:

Were you notified via email? 

Yes, I was. First thing this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AllRise said:

Wait listed this morning. Referred to admissions early January. 
 

cGPA 3.2 / L2 3.7 LSAT 157 

Mature Student. 10 years of senior level management experience. Social justice oriented  PS. 
 

Not sure what to make of being waitlisted so early in the cycle. 

Did you apply elsewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luckycharm said:

Did you apply elsewhere?

I applied to Windsor, Osgoode, Ryerson and Western. Expecting get rejected outright from Osgoode given the amount of people that applied this year. Applied Mature stream to Western, hoping that makes my stats more competitive. Ryerson is top choice, but who knows because very little history to examine or understand their selection process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllRise said:

I applied to Windsor, Osgoode, Ryerson and Western. Expecting get rejected outright from Osgoode given the amount of people that applied this year. Applied Mature stream to Western, hoping that makes my stats more competitive. Ryerson is top choice, but who knows because very little history to examine or understand their selection process. 

Hard to predict "mature".

Ryerson is your best bet and looks good for Western too. 

good luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Hard to predict "mature".

Ryerson is your best bet and looks good for Western too. 

good luck.

Thanks Luckycharm. Will be posting updates as I receive them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was waitlisted on Feb 1st:

OLSAS GPA: 3.29 (L2 is 3.7)

LSAT: 160 (highest - Jan 2021)

I'm currently in a Master's program & I have strong ECs and references - hopeful for uWindsor! 

Good luck everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, noelle11 said:

I was waitlisted on Feb 1st:

OLSAS GPA: 3.29 (L2 is 3.7)

LSAT: 160 (highest - Jan 2021)

I'm currently in a Master's program & I have strong ECs and references - hopeful for uWindsor! 

Good luck everyone! 

When were you referred to admissions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, osonsono said:

When were you referred to admissions?

This is the worst answer...but i have no clue because I was out of internet service from December 10-January 8 (I was home on the farm and my dad doesn't have internet or cell service). But I would guess in early Dec at the earliest and early Jan at the latest? I'm sorry this answer kinda sucks! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted Feb 9th.

cGPA: ~2.5 / L2 ~3.3 (at best)

LSAT: 163

Mature student with 15 years high end film and television experience.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 7:38 PM, woahnelly said:

Nope, this is the only thread! There was some discussion in another thread but it wasn't specifically about the waitlist.

Waitlisted Jan. 13! Timeline before was: Pending Review (Nov. 25), Referred – admissions committee (Dec. 8), and then Jan. 13 Waitlisted

LSAT: 167 (only write)
cGPA: 3.43 (Estimated L2 ~3.5, B2 ~3.6)
ECs probably my were weakest aspect, especially with Windsor being quite holistic and focusing on community involvement and social justice experience (from what I understand). I'm currently in a graduate certificate program, and had community involvement through a couple clubs/organizations and volunteer positions from university, plus summer internships, but no major roles or serious involvement.

Have you applied elsewhere? And if you have, would you mind saying if you've been accepted or not? 

Thanks man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted today. (Feb. 10th)

3.35 (per OLSAS)

175

Slightly weaker ECs, applying right out of undergrad. I’ve already been accepted to UBC and uVic, but hoping to keep some Ontario options open!


I’m still waiting on Osgoode, UofT, Western, Queens, and Ottawa. 

Edited by herbo
  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Your grades are quite good so I would apply broadly and cross my fingers. The only Canadian law school I've seen that accepts a lot of US transfers from bottom tier schools is U of T. But your grades have to be really good. I'm not sure how they will view your B's. Good luck. 
    • yeah it was a mistake. I posted this in law students when I meant to post in articling students and lawyers and I couldn't delete it after it had been posted. I think I mentioned it in this thread or the one that you linked. 
    • There's been a lot of focus here on IQ but one of the things that makes a good lawyer is a heavy measure of EQ and our friend here McGillicutty has demonstrated why many of my former STEM colleagues lack even a smidgen of EQ.
    • The only thing that matters is that you can get funding at a good interest rate. Scotia has the best offerings, but that doesn't mean that you're out of options if they decline you. In my experience, the bank that you have the longest history with is the one that usually helps you out in situations where your credit isn't up to snuff. 
    • I think you are slightly confused maybemaybe, so I can clear this up for you:  2 year applicants are those that are in their second year of their undergrad degree (will have 60-89 completed credits) by the time they enter law school and they are the ones who require exceptional stats (3.7 and 90th percentile); see excerpt from https://apps.admissions.ualberta.ca/programs/la/la020 ("There is no direct entry from high school into the Juris Doctor program (JD). Exceptional students may be admitted to the program after completing two years of university study with a minimum GPA of 3.7 and 90th percentile Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score. All other students must have completed at least the first three years of a degree before being admitted to the JD."). This applies when you apply in your second year of undergrad.  3rd year applicants are those that are in their 3rd year of university and who will have 90 or more credits by the time they enter law school and they are treated the same as those with degrees. Excerpt from same website " All other students must have completed at least the first three years of a degree before being admitted to the JD." This applies when you apply in your third year of undergrad.  Hope this clears everything up! 

×
×
  • Create New...