Sign in to follow this  
May262

Chances Fall 2021 Admission (4.0, 3.8, 153-160?)

Hey Guys, 

I just graduated in December 2020, my cGPA = 90% or 4.0, L2 87% or 3.8/3.9 depending on the school. August LSAT -  score preview cancelled, November LSAT -153. January LSAT - pending. All of my applications are just waiting for my Jan LSAT grade to be released. 

I got a tutor in between November and January test and I'm hoping for a 160, or just better than a 153. 

I played varsity athletics for 4 years, and I have a well-written Statement of Interest and Statement of Diversity. I don't have a lot of relevant work experience/volunteer, however that will probably be understood given that I was an athlete.

I have had an english writing paper published in my first-year which is noted on my transcript, and I have received the award of an academic all Canadian and Dean's list every semester of my undergrad. 

Calgary is where I've been born and raised, it's my first choice, but I've also applied to U of A and U of S. 

Regular category applicant, not indigenous or black. 

What do you guys think my chances are? 

I'm not an expert, just an applicant myself. I'd say its hard for any of us to say what your chances are without your January LSAT mark. If you do get a 160 I'd guess that your chances are quite good but it might be more tough with a 153. Your GPA is obviously quite excellent but the 153 LSAT is much lower than their average so the higher you get on the Jan LSAT the better. 

U of C is also quite holistic so its always a little hard to tell :) I'd recommend posting another thread or update this one once your LSAT comes in to get a better estimate. Also checking past accepted threads to see if anyone with your current LSAT has gotten in in earlier years might help you out a bit as well!! 

Best of luck, I hope you get in!

@lawlawlaw99662

Well, just got my scores, and Jan turned out to be 155... so not much better and not what I wanted but I guess it’s the score I’ll have to stick with for this cycle. Does this change/help anyone’s predictions for me? The accepted applicants so far have have very high scores so that makes me nervous.

It depends on your GPA, but unless you're applying to a school that averages LSAT scores (I think U of A is the only one that does this) I don't think there'd be any reason to cancel a bad score.

To OP: U of C is a holistic school, so it's tough to predict and will depend more than most other schools on "soft" factors such as work experience or extracurricular activities.

You're borderline for U of A, and have better chances at U of S, especially if you have a Saskatchewan connection of some sort.