lawstudentincanada

Has Anyone been rejected yet?

I am realizing that the next wave of admission/ rejection will be hitting soon. 

Has anyone heard back in terms of rejection ? Last years rejection pile started early on this forum. 

I'm not sure about rejections, but I was waitlisted on Jan. 13th! 

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope this helps!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woahnelly said:

Do you mind sharing when were you referred?

13 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

Stats?

29 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

If its any consolation, based on previous threads and just word of mouth, you should still expect an offer at some point from Windsor. It seems like people who get on the waitlist early have a decent shot, a couple friends of mine were in a similar spot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, osonsono said:

Do you mind sharing when were you referred?

3 hours ago, Dreamchaser said:

Stats?

So my timeline was: Pending Review (Nov. 25), Referred – admissions committee (Dec. 8), and then Jan. 13 given notice of having a spot on the waitlist.

Stats being:

LSAT: 167 (only write)
cGPA: 3.43, L2 ~3.5, B2 ~3.6 (I can't exactly recall what Windsor takes for GPA, but I definitely had an upward trend)
ECs were probably my weakest aspect, especially with Windsor being quite holistic and focusing on community involvement. I'm currently in a graduate certificate program, and had community involvement through a couple clubs/organizations and volunteer positions from university, plus summer internships, but no major roles or serious involvement.

3 hours ago, Leafs2021 said:

If its any consolation, based on previous threads and just word of mouth, you should still expect an offer at some point from Windsor. It seems like people who get on the waitlist early have a decent shot, a couple friends of mine were in a similar spot. 

^That is actually reassuring haha! It's the first school I've heard back from so I'm just thrilled it's not an out-right rejection, but it's good to know that it could still be a possibility (vs. waitlists in the summer that are rare to get off of)

I was also waitlisted. Email notification Jan 18th. Mature student. CGPA 3.25 (rough first year all the way back in 1995) and 161 LSAT. L2/B2 3.7 (social work degree). Have been working in case management for over 15 years including in civil litigation for personal injury. Good LORs and volunteer work. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckycharm said:

Windsor's wait list is legendary...

In a positive or negative sense?

54 minutes ago, castlepie said:

As in no movement?

In what world would you expect someone with a 3.4/3.5/3.6 and a 167 to be waitlisted so soon? Apparently at Windsor 

• Confused 1

There needs to be a new chain for waitlist updates!! 

Thank you so much would u start it? I think it would be helpful not only for us but the next year applicant cycle too! sending u true luck!!

8 hours ago, woahnelly said:

2 hours ago, deliciouskiwi said:

In what world would you expect someone with a 3.4/3.5/3.6 and a 167 to be waitlisted so soon? Apparently at Windsor 

I predict someone with weaker stats than you will get an offer. You stats should be good for Ottawa and Ryerson.

In any case, you still have a chance.

Edited by Luckycharm

11 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

I predict someone with weaker stats than you will get an offer. You stats should be good for Ottawa and Ryerson.

In any case, you still have a chance.

Wouldn’t woahnelly’s LSAT also give them a decent shot at Western and Queens? GPA isn’t median but surely their test score would compensate for that right?

Edited by BAccT77

On 1/19/2021 at 2:14 PM, melwhite18 said:

I was also waitlisted. Email notification Jan 18th. Mature student. CGPA 3.25 (rough first year all the way back in 1995) and 161 LSAT. L2/B2 3.7 (social work degree). Have been working in case management for over 15 years including in civil litigation for personal injury. Good LORs and volunteer work. Fingers crossed! 

did you apply to the JD/MSW or just the JD? Hoping to find some folks who also applied to the JD/MSW :)

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 3:34 PM, melwhite18 said:

Just JD. Seriously considered the joint program but ultimately decided to stick with the JD. 

Oh dang, I was hoping to find someone who applied to the program! I wish you the best of luck regardless and hope to see you in the fall :)

• Like 1