WesternLaw543

2L Winter (2021) Toronto Recruit PFOs/ITCs

3 minutes ago, agent47 said:

Their follow-up email after the call this morning said the interview will last 1 hour and 25 mins

Any idea why they're asking for dietary restrictions? Given that their website says everything will be virtual, I'm guessing they copied chunks of last year's email and forgot to change it. Anybody heard otherwise?

3 minutes ago, LawbronJames said:

Any idea why they're asking for dietary restrictions? Given that their website says everything will be virtual, I'm guessing they copied chunks of last year's email and forgot to change it. Anybody heard otherwise?

Im guessing the same. Funny as these firms want their candidate to have "attention to detail".

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, coolbeans said:

Im guessing the same. Funny as these firms want their candidate to have "attention to detail".

Tb to Blakes sending PFOs using their in-firm rejection template and then sending a follow-up email "yea still PFO" but now with OCI template 😘

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolbeans said:

True, but I think in this process, and especially during this time it might be nice to be kind. As someone on the firm side, it is usually a coordinator or administrative assistant who sends those e-mails on the student director's behalf. Not really good form by talking shit about firms before you even embark on your interview process IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ontheotherside said:

True, but I think in this process, and especially during this time it might be nice to be kind. As someone on the firm side, it is usually a coordinator or administrative assistant who sends those e-mails on the student director's behalf. Not really good form by talking shit about firms before you even embark on your interview process IMO. 

Agreed.  You never know who is reading the forums. It often doesn't take long, with a little checking/reading post history, to identify a member here. Just a word to the wise, always a good idea to be careful what you're posting here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 416lawyer said:

Do job offers at the end of interview week come through email or over the phone? 

Phone.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LawbronJames said:

Phone.

What happens if you miss the call lol do they give your spot to someone else

21 minutes ago, 416lawyer said:

What happens if you miss the call lol do they give your spot to someone else

To my knowledge, they just keep calling or they try some other candidates and come back to you. If you're on their "list" your spot probably won't be given up until you've rejected it. Maybe if you don't pick up for like half an hour (just guessing) they move on so keep your phone with you.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LawbronJames said:

To my knowledge, they just keep calling or they try some other candidates and come back to you. If you're on their "list" your spot probably won't be given up until you've rejected it. Maybe if you don't pick up for like half an hour (just guessing) they move on so keep your phone with you.

They won't give up your spot. They will keep calling you until you pick up. They may also leave a voicemail or e-mail you asking for you to call back. They won't go down their lists until they have received a firm rejection of an offer. 

Firms are already required to keep the offers open for 24 hours. They're not going to cancel an offer because they couldn't get ahold of you for an hour.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Imprettylostrn said:

When are firms sending zoom invites / in-firm details? I'm a little nervous. I haven't heard anything since call day. 

I haven't heard anything either. I'm sure it'll come today.

24 minutes ago, Imprettylostrn said:

When are firms sending zoom invites / in-firm details? I'm a little nervous. I haven't heard anything since call day. 

I started receiving them today

• Thanks 1

I received interviewers for Torys and Davies

Anyone hear from BLG or Gowling?

Edited by Smorr53

3 hours ago, Smorr53 said:

I received interviewers for Torys and Davies

Anyone hear from BLG or Gowling?

Nope, I haven't heard anything either from Gowling (idk about BLG). Same with MT and Weirfoulds 

• Like 1

Do the full-service firms interview candidates on all three days? Like if they interview me on Tuesday and then don't call me on Wednesday, is it game over? 

P.S. - New to this country and to the process.