quickcomments

LSO lost my application?

I dropped off my application for licensing on December 2nd with the LSO building at the OCA... I remember someone at the front desk took it and put it in a box of some sort of mail. It still hasn't been marked "received" on the online portal, and I sent a message asking for help and they basically told me to wait until the end of the month and then reach out. That was last week. I just checked and still nothing has been received. Am I screwed here? What should I do? Should I redo the application process and submit it again? Is anyone else in this predicament? 

I think you are probably fine, better to wait until the end of January like they said. If nothing changes by Jan 31, follow up again and ask them what you need to do to ensure your application goes through. I mailed in my application over the last week of November instead of dropping it off in person, and my account got updated with receipt and approval of the application on Jan 13. I have friends whose applications were received and approved back in December and/or earlier in January. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any consistency or predictability as to the administrative processing.

Edited by cherrytree
  • Like 3

On 1/17/2021 at 4:53 PM, quickcomments said:

I dropped off my application for licensing on December 2nd with the LSO building at the OCA... I remember someone at the front desk took it and put it in a box of some sort of mail. It still hasn't been marked "received" on the online portal, and I sent a message asking for help and they basically told me to wait until the end of the month and then reach out. That was last week. I just checked and still nothing has been received. Am I screwed here? What should I do? Should I redo the application process and submit it again? Is anyone else in this predicament? 

Don't redo the application. Wait a little longer. Things are pretty slow lately, so it will take time.

If you really want to follow up, send them a message in the portal. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I've given him a hard time at times but his takes on the subject are refreshingly level-headed and balanced in comparison with choice-supportive bias threads like this (which tend to be more typical from Bond grads).
    • Wanting to enjoy a nice vacation abroad is a terrible reason to choose where to go to law school. = Straw man logical fallacy. 1. Going to a country many thousands of kilometers from home all alone + living in the Gold Coast for two 2 years and adapting to the country is not a "nice vacation". 2. It's also not as you strawman the reason to go to law school. It's A consideration, not the primary factor.   
    • Ironically your examples prove my point about questionable judgement rather than refuting it. -As you concede, it's no longer a faster route to get a Bond degree. -Wanting to enjoy a nice vacation abroad is a terrible reason to choose where to go to law school.
    • You dont't like use of the word discrimination, but you are effectively discriminating against Bond students  as you generalized them as: 1)anyone with a pulse 2)don't meed the baseline of competence 3)don't have good work ethic 4)they may have questionable judgment. You are saying that if one is a Canadian law grad, we can imply that they have competence, work ethic and if they are a Bondie, they may have "questionable judgment, etc. These are all incorrect value judgments, based on your own internal biases and assumptions. And you are a good example of what your thoughts are on Bondies. Similarly, we can project this sort of internal biases/assumptions onto potential employers, who are really not fully informed and thus they will be discriminating the same way.  By the way, it's possible that someone with a pulse (or the necessary monetary investment) can get into Bond. However, you will not succeed without having the necessary competence and work ethic. For me, I was unmotivated in undergrad and even for the LSAT. However, things changed and the law school experience flipped a switch within where I became extremely motivated and hard working. I developed new skills, competence and work ethic. I started to think like a lawyer.  Lastly, your point about it being questionable judgment to go to Bond University. There could be many reasons why someone doesn't want to study in Canada. For example, I was able to get my law degree faster than if I remained in Canada (although now the NCA process is not as seamless). Further, someone can get the once in a lifetime experience of living abroad, which on its own (without law school) were the best years of my life and something that I will remember forever. If I stayed in Canada, I would not have the amazing experiences and memories of the Gold Coast.