culitigator

Updated OLSAS GPA

Hi everyone,

OLSAS says that my transcript has been received from the fall 2020 semester, however these grades don't seem to be included in my overall OSLSAS GPA calculation. Will this be updated in the next little while? Or will OLSAS not include the grades in the calculation until the entire academic year is over? Thanks! 

Hey!

I sent my grades in about a week ago & OLSAS has now updated them and added them to my overall GPA calculation! I assume that would be the same with everyone else's including yours! Probably just need to wait a few days?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SIN3D said:

Hey!

I sent my grades in about a week ago & OLSAS has now updated them and added them to my overall GPA calculation! I assume that would be the same with everyone else's including yours! Probably just need to wait a few days?

ok good to know thanks!!

Yeah they'll get to it, it takes awhile don't worry, it'll update 

Edited by castlepie
  • Like 3

Oh I'm so glad someone made this thread, it has been over a week for me and I was getting really nervous! I assumed it'll take a while but I'm glad to hear it's not because I messed something up :) 

• Like 4

Wondering if anyone still has not had their GPA & academic background updated? been over 10 days for me now! (just getting nervous, but what's new there) 

Does anyone know approximately how long it took for the transcript to be received once it was requested? I am still waiting on a grade and the Prof told me that it should be up by next week. As the transcript has to be received by Feb 1st, I don't know if I should just submit it now or wait until the grade is up, risking the Feb 1st deadline. Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, Re7o said:

Does anyone know approximately how long it took for the transcript to be received once it was requested? I am still waiting on a grade and the Prof told me that it should be up by next week. As the transcript has to be received by Feb 1st, I don't know if I should just submit it now or wait until the grade is up, risking the Feb 1st deadline. Thanks in advance

I sent my transcript from a non-Ontario school and it took around a week to be received, uploaded, and updated on OLSAS. But, I think it's best to get into contact with OLSAS and let them know about your circumstance. They've definitely dealt with this exact situation thousands of times and are very aware of what the best next steps are. Better to contact them now than to risk your transcript arriving after Feb 1st with no explanation! 

Edited by mmich
Spelling
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Re7o said:

As the transcript has to be received by Feb 1st, I don't know if I should just submit it now or wait until the grade is up, risking the Feb 1st deadline.

As long as OLSAS receives the transcript by February 1st, it is irrelevant when it is processed as they will record the time/date upon receipt of it. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mmich said:

I sent my transcript from a non-Ontario school and it look around a week to be received, uploaded, and updated on OLSAS. But, I think it's best to get into contact with OLSAS and let them know about your circumstance. They've definitely dealt with this exact situation thousands of times and are very aware of what the best next steps are. Better to contact them now than to risk your transcript arriving after Feb 1st with no explanation! 

Hey thanks for the reply, I will definitely contact OLSAS tomorrow and probably have a better idea on what I should do.  

7 minutes ago, BC1424 said:

As long as OLSAS receives the transcript by February 1st, it is irrelevant when it is processed as they will record the time/date upon receipt of it. Hope that helps!

When you say receive do you mean receiving the transcript request? Assuming you meant transcript request, I thought that as well but my understanding of the UofT Tumblr is that the actual transcript (and not just the request) needs to be received by February 1st. ("It is to be RECEIVED at OLSAS by Feb 1st, 2021. Time your submission arrangements accordingly. Do not submit to the law school, submit to OLSAS only.")

Edited by Re7o
clarification

6 minutes ago, Re7o said:

When you say receive do you mean receiving the transcript request? Assuming you meant transcript request, I thought that as well but my understanding of the UofT Tumblr is that the actual transcript (and not just the request) needs to be received by February 1st. ("It is to be RECEIVED at OLSAS by Feb 1st, 2021. Time your submission arrangements accordingly. Do not submit to the law school, submit to OLSAS only.")

I can't comment on transcript requests as I attend university outside of Ontario so my transcript was mailed in. However, OLSAS stated that as long as the physical mail was received by Feb. 1st, it would not matter when it was processed as they timestamp them. I'm sure it works the same for you, but it just depends how long it takes for the transcript to be received from the request. If your prof has the grade up by Monday, I'm sure OLSAS would receive the transcript by the Friday, but who knows. 

• Like 1

My transcript was received by OLSAS today. Can anyone provide some insights on how long it took OLSAS to update their GPA once the transcript was received? Thank you!

34 minutes ago, legallybound said:

My transcript was received by OLSAS today. Can anyone provide some insights on how long it took OLSAS to update their GPA once the transcript was received? Thank you!

I'd say a week and a half at the most, and that's if they're really slow. Now that the rush of updated transcripts from most people getting their winter grades is over, I think yours might be quicker. However, some schools have let profs take an extra month to submit grades because of COVID-19 so there may still be waves of transcripts rolling in. I doubt it would be that many, though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, legallybound said:

Ya I think mine was about 5 days!

• Thanks 1

Is anybody still waiting for OLSAS to update their grades? My transcript has been received for a week now and I still have no updated grades.

8 hours ago, MamaMia said:

Is anybody still waiting for OLSAS to update their grades? My transcript has been received for a week now and I still have no updated grades.

It took about a week and a half to 2 weeks for mine to finally update!

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 8:08 AM, MamaMia said:

I sent my transcript Tuesday and my GPA updated today (Friday). 

• Like 1