BeLawyer

Chances of getting in? (cGPA 2.9 / L2 3.584 / LSAT 155)

I applied under Access that explains my previous struggles in academia. Since I have been doing much better in my studies, I decided to get a second undergraduate degree. First one was health sciences (conferred) and my second one is economics (expecting May 2021). 

I have published two research papers one in the health science field and the other in the economics field (both of them I have been a primary author). I have previous experience in entrepreneurship and consistent community volunteering. In terms of LOR's two professors that I know quite well and one lawyer.

Would appreciate any information and advice. Thank you!!!

Edited by BeLawyer

It's pretty difficult for anyone to speculate on Access applications just due to the nature of Access applications. Your stats could either be "meh" or "incredible" depending on the basis of your Access application - and you really shouldn't disclose those reasons on an internet forum.

When it comes to ECs, as mentioned elsewhere in this forum, what is considered quite impressive by most standards often turns out to be fairly average when compared to the accomplishments of the average law student. Having been published twice is awesome, but might not necessarily stand out when tossed in a pile with a bunch of other awesome achievements from hundreds of other applicants. It would probably depend on the prominence of the journals you were published in/whether they were peer reviewed/etc.

21 hours ago, BeLawyer said:

I have previous experience in entrepreneurship and consistent community volunteering. In terms of LOR's two professors that I know quite well and one lawyer.

Again, I don't mean to say this to discourage you but just to provide some realism: these experiences are great but extremely typical of a law school applicant. 

Ultimately this means that you don't need to worry about your ECs being a detriment to your application - your ECs meet expectations for law students.

But yeah, nobody can give any meaningful insight into your GPA/LSAT due to being in the Access category.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:16 PM, BeLawyer said:

I applied under Access that explains my previous struggles in academia. Since I have been doing much better in my studies, I decided to get a second undergraduate degree. First one was health sciences (conferred) and my second one is economics (expecting May 2021). 

I have published two research papers one in the health science field and the other in the economics field (both of them I have been a primary author). I have previous experience in entrepreneurship and consistent community volunteering. In terms of LOR's two professors that I know quite well and one lawyer.

Would appreciate any information and advice. Thank you!!!

Hi there, I applied access and my stats are 2.7/161. I had a valid reason for my poor grades in undergrad. I completed a postgraduate certificate at a university and a diploma program at a college - my stats there were 4.0/3.8. 

I think you've got a shot if the rest of your application looks good. I basically did everything I could to show that the 2.7 I got was not an accurate representation of my potential in law school, and I guess they agreed because I was accepted a few days ago. 

• Like 1