youngprod

L2 3.75 / CGPA 2.6

hello, i hope everyone is doing well during these troubling times. so i’ve applied to every law school in ontario and applied to the access category where available. i have psychological reports and many other documents that support the access status. additionally, i’ve applied to victoria university and Saskatchewan. how well would i have to do on the LSAT to be considered? my test is next week and am curious to know my chances  

7 minutes ago, samii said:

How are you scoring on your PTs?

around 160-163 mark but i notice that i perform a lot better when i am under pressure so maybe i could preform better on test day. 

Most people tend to score either within their PT scores or a few points lower, so I wouldn't realistically expect to score better. I'd say if you can achieve in the 160-163 range, you'll be in good standing for Queen's, Ryerson, and Saskatchewan. 

With your cGPA, you have minimal chances at Western, Ottawa, Uft, Osgoode, UVic, etc. (regardless of LSAT score) and I can't predict Windsor because they're too holistic. Depending on your access claim, you might have a slightly better shot at these schools but it's unlikely.

If apps were still open, I think you would've probably gotten into UAlberta and Dalhousie as they are L2+LSAT heavy with a straightforward index indicator. 

I have essentially the same stats as yours minus the access claim and I'm assuming I won't hear back from most universities until towards the end of the cycle. I wouldn't be too worried, but also prepare yourself for perhaps not getting your top choice in school. 

11 minutes ago, samii said:

Most people tend to score either within their PT scores or a few points lower, so I wouldn't realistically expect to score better. I'd say if you can achieve in the 160-163 range, you'll be in good standing for Queen's, Ryerson, and Saskatchewan. 

With your cGPA, you have minimal chances at Western, Ottawa, Uft, Osgoode, UVic, etc. (regardless of LSAT score) and I can't predict Windsor because they're too holistic. Depending on your access claim, you might have a slightly better shot at these schools but it's unlikely.

If apps were still open, I think you would've probably gotten into UAlberta and Dalhousie as they are L2+LSAT heavy with a straightforward index indicator. 

I have essentially the same stats as yours minus the access claim and I'm assuming I won't hear back from most universities until towards the end of the cycle. I wouldn't be too worried, but also prepare yourself for perhaps not getting your top choice in school. 

thank you for the information! it is greatly appreciated. and yes i missed out on those 2 schools, hopefully i still get in somewhere. and i believe my access claim is pretty strong considering the circumstances and the quality of documents to support them. and does windsor have a general gpa cutoff although being holistic?

Hopefully it'll work out! I'm crossing my fingers.

If you want to increase your chances a bit, I'd recommend applying to TRU as they are still open.

Windsor doesn't have a cutoff and is purely holistic. Also, Queen's looks at B2 (2 complete years and won't count Fall 2020 until Winter 2021 is complete) rather than L2/L20 so beware of that. 

36 minutes ago, samii said:

With your cGPA, you have minimal chances at Western

Western is an L2 school.

4 minutes ago, MountainMon said:

Western is an L2 school.

Yes, but they consider cGPA quite a bit. I've looked through the acceptance threads and am hard-pressed to find any cGPAs below 3.5 let alone a 2.6. 

My cGPA is 2.7ish - I hope I'm wrong in that case 😄 

Edited by samii