Sign in to follow this  
rockinrobin540

90 credits?

Hi everyone,

Forgive me if this is a ridiculous question. 

On every law school website I've looked at, it says to apply you need 90 undergrad credits. My university is 20.0 credits for a degree. 

What do I do with this information? 

11 minutes ago, rockinrobin540 said:

Hi everyone,

Forgive me if this is a ridiculous question. 

On every law school website I've looked at, it says to apply you need 90 undergrad credits. My university is 20.0 credits for a degree. 

What do I do with this information? 

I think those schools operate on a 30 credit per year basis, so 90/120; is three years of study.

For your university, 15 credits would be the equivalent of 90. 

Edited by JJ1990

Ideally you would find out how 90 credits translates to your school’s credit system. Does it specify next to the 90 credits how many years/semesters is needed? Usually it’s minimum 3 years. 

Edited by navyblue11
  • Like 1

You’re sure it’s not 20 classes per diploma, so just two years of studies and 60 credits? 
Asking because I’m an immigrant and was confused by credits/classes at first, so trying to help out here as well. :) 

I’m not sure if it’s a certain number of “classes” per se, because I’m pretty sure different schools have different systems of how many credits to a class, and how many classes constitute a full load, etc. 

50 minutes ago, rockinrobin540 said:

My university is 20.0 credits for a degree. 

31 minutes ago, polilegal said:

You’re sure it’s not 20 classes per diploma, so just two years of studies and 60 credits? 

No. Some universities in Canada give 0.5 credits for a half-year course and 1 credit for a full-year course, so 20.0 credits for a 4-year degree is perfectly normal, and I'm assuming that's what OP has.

As discussed above, schools across Canada have all kinds of different ways of adding up credits. The same goes for GPA, which is what fuels half the "chances" threads around here. So you'll have to just confirm how your school's system lines up with the requirements from another school.

As a very shorthand answer to your question, though: 90 credits=3 full-time years at all the schools I know of.

Signed,

Someone who is currently attending his 5th university in a 4th Province. ;)

• Like 1