Robin5425

Waitlist Timeline for Acceptances

Hello all! Longtime lurker, first-time poster here. I'm hoping that someone can share any insights they might have regarding the general timeline that applicants with Index Scores similar to my own can expect to receive acceptances off of the waitlist. 

From what I have read here, applicants with scores as low as 72.0-72.5 tend to be accepted off of the waitlist in August. My Index Score currently falls between 73.5-74 (and is closer to 74). Does anyone know if a "high 73" (which I know might be a bit of an oxymoron haha) can expect an acceptance earlier than August? I am an MB resident FYI. 

Also, I know that the number of applicants this year may be much higher due to COVID, so this may effect the applicability of any input. 

Thanks in advance for any insights! 

I think the best answer anyone can give is to take a look at the previously accepted threads and pick out someone with a similar stat line (which it seems you've already done).  I think you are tracking all the variables you can - if you didn't find any examples of someone with a 73 being accepted before august, I doubt this will be the year that changes.

I'm sitting around a 76, also in Manitoba - normally that "could" be a first round acceptance mid Feb, but COVID and the number of applicants make everything more uncertain.  

5 hours ago, Ayrsayle said:

I'm sitting around a 76, also in Manitoba - normally that "could" be a first round acceptance mid Feb, but COVID and the number of applicants make everything more uncertain.  

Eeeeekk. I'm not MB but in Indigenous category but I'm hoping I can just get in earlier through Index where I'm about 76.2 or 76.18 or something (did calculations yesterday, forgot already, lol). Eeek. COVID really is throwing everything out of whack.

@OP I'm not sure if anyone will have an answer for you, given COVID. I'd echo what Ayrsayle said and look at past threads. I would also point out that I think MB has a specific MB waitlist, too. Good luck!!