Sign in to follow this  
studenttt97

Will UVIC not accept me until I've completed my Jan LSAT?

Self calculated index ~930, 3.77 GPA, 166 LSAT. My application and documents were received NOV30, but I've indicated I'm rewriting in January. My application has been "Application Under Review" since the very beginning, I'm wondering if it is because they are still waiting to see my January rewrite? 

I'm just an applicant myself, so not an expert, and I'm not 100% sure on my answer. Take this with a grain of salt. From what I believe I've read on this forum previously it seems like they will wait for your new LSAT mark to come in before making a decision, just as they often wait for fall grades for fourth year applicants. Their website also says, "We begin evaluating an application when all of the supporting documentation has been received." (https://www.uvic.ca/law/admissions/jdadmissionfaqs/index.php). I'm assuming that an LSAT mark would be considered supporting documentation. If anyone else has more specific knowledge on this please supplement :) 

Edit: It seems like you have a great chance as it stands with those stats so I wouldn't worry too much!! If you're really stressed, I would email the admissions staff with your question. 

Edited by lawlawlaw99662

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Yes? You're supposed to. If you're from out of province just have your school send it to OLSAS. If you're from ON then I think there's a way you request via OLSAS itself
    • Hello,  I was recently admitted to law school for Fall 2021. I am curious about what law students do in the summers between semesters. Is it typical or expected that you find an internship after your first year? Are there any organizations or businesses in BC or Alberta that regularly offer summer internships or work opportunities for current law students? Is there anything I can do in the months between now and when classes start to improve my chances of getting law related summer work? Thank you for the advice. 
    • My university just made our Fall 2020 grades "official". Is there a way to send them to Ontario schools so they can factor into GPA calculations? Thanks. 
    • I got the email this week!! I was so shocked. I feel like I just submitted the application.  L2: 3.6 LSAT:162, 84th percentile BA, MPP, good work experience, strong ECs and very multicultural background. Multilingual and tons of experience living abroad.
    • I actually disagree on this one. Normally I would say some job experience in 1L summer (never underestimate customer service jobs!) would look better but I think in a COVID world where there’s a shortage of jobs or not everyone can physically go out and work due to health concerns, it’s completely okay to not work this summer. As long as you spend your summer doing something you can talk about, like what @lewcifersaid, you’re set. So that could be taking up some new hobbies, reading, helping care for a family member. I really think employers will be mindful of this during the current and next recruit cycle.