Relentless2017

First round offers coming this month

2 hours ago, rebeccamtl said:

I haven't had an LSAT request from them yet, do you think it's because I indicated I am retaking in January? I doubt they will get to my app before the Jan scores are released anyways, since I applied mid-December, but I am kind of dying to hear from them 🥺

I did not indicate that I am writing in January and my LSAT hasn't been requested by TRU yet. I applied in Mid-November.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marsplastic said:

I did not indicate that I am writing in January and my LSAT hasn't been requested by TRU yet. I applied in Mid-November.

i had the same thing. i emailed them and they said they dont request transcripts until ur app is complete. im still in school and i just sent over my transcript, once they receive that then they will request lsat scores

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Oh joy! I've forgotten about it a bit since Zoom School became a thing. I wonder if the dynamic will change if/when classes are back in person. 
    • @driedupwaterparks Was wondering when you'd show up, and I'm curious if you have anything to say about Bond grads immediately opening up their own shop in Canada after being called.
    • I imagine recruiters skim resumes in a similar fashion to how one might skim a case brief before coming to class - I highly doubt they will notice something like that, and if they do, it certainly won't be a deciding factor. 😊
    • Yeah, that's the problem. Law schools admit more students than there are articling positions. Many firms get away with exploiting their students because you need to article (or do the LPP in Ontario, which is a whole other can of worms) to become a lawyer. I was one of those students who just sucked it up. It was an awful 10 months and I moved to greener pastures after. Do I think everyone else should just suck it up? No. I think there are better solutions out there and that the LSO can do better... but here we are.     
    • In 1L, most of your classes will be full year. In those classes, you'll have a midterm in December and a final in April, usually worth 30/70 of your grade. There are two exceptions. Exception #1 is LRWA, which is assignment based and taught by your small group prof. Exception #2 is either Ethics or Corporate, you get to choose which you take in second semester (whichever you don't, you take in first semester of 2L) and that's just a half-year class so one final exam at the end worth 100%. There are optional assignments in Corp/Ethics that can reduce the weight of the final exam if you opt in to them, but I seem to recall last year both profs saying that nobody had exercised that option in a very long time.  In your upper year classes, evaluation varies. I had classes in the fall that were 100% exam (with optional assignments to reduce that weight), others with small participation elements, and others that were entirely paper based. It depends on the course and the prof.