Sign in to follow this  
ENkta

Winter 2020 Grades Ontario Law Schools

Hi! 

I'm wondering if Ontario law schools are including winter 2020 grades in the GPA calculation? Are there any that are excluding them?

Thanks!

If you receive an offer before your Winter 2020 grades are released, then no, as that would not be possible. 

If you haven't received an offer by the time your Winter 2020 grades are released, then yes, they will use them.

2 hours ago, RollMaster said:

If you receive an offer before your Winter 2020 grades are released, then no, as that would not be possible. 

If you haven't received an offer by the time your Winter 2020 grades are released, then yes, they will use them.

I think you are mixing up 2020 and 2021 haha. Cant blame you I still keep thinking its 2020 too

35 minutes ago, lawstudent2006 said:

I think you are mixing up 2020 and 2021 haha. Cant blame you I still keep thinking its 2020 too

Whoops lol. Thanks for pointing that out!

Edit --  the reason I said 2020 was because I was going off of OP's dates. Which leads me to believe that they might not be inquiring about this current semester, but rather, winter 2020 as being the onset of the pandemic.

OP, if you're wondering whether law schools will be disregarding those grades solely because they were awarded at the start of COVID, then my answer is I don't see why not. Though I obviously can't say for certain.

Edited by RollMaster

14 hours ago, MountainMon said:

Why would they not? 

I'm wondering because pretty much all medical schools are excluding them in the GPA calculation. 

1 hour ago, RollMaster said:

Whoops lol. Thanks for pointing that out!

Edit --  the reason I said 2020 was because I was going off of OP's dates. Which leads me to believe that they might not be inquiring about this current semester, but rather, winter 2020 as being the onset of the pandemic.

OP, if you're wondering whether law schools will be disregarding those grades solely because they were awarded at the start of COVID, then my answer is I don't see why not. Though I obviously can't say for certain.

Yeah, I'm wondering if there are law schools that are excluding Winter 2020 due to COVID-19. I know that almost all medical schools are excluding the grades, but I haven't heard of law schools excluding them. 

2 hours ago, ENkta said:

Yeah, I'm wondering if there are law schools that are excluding Winter 2020 due to COVID-19. I know that almost all medical schools are excluding the grades, but I haven't heard of law schools excluding them. 

It depends. If you have grades for classes during the Winter 2020 term then those grades are included in the GPA calculation. If only a credit is received then obviously they can't calculate a grade, but each law school has their own policy on how they are addressing this.